SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cant see dvr-ms files in vide folder

Hi,

I used to use Sage a long time ago (when it just had a few buttons as the UI!) and have now returned (almost....just the paying to do!). However, my "excursion" has left me with a number of dvr-ms recorded contentent from vista mce. I have searched the forum and it seems it should just be a matter of pointing an import directory at the folder and they should appear in my videos folder. I have done this and I cant see any of them! If i navigate via the browse media option on the default skin I can find and play them, but I really need them showing up properly.

Have I missed something simple here? Note that my import folder is the same as my recorded tv folder for sage, but this shouldn't be a problem should it?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Hey Matt,
Welcome back to Sage. The utility you need is babgvant's MigrateMCtoSage. Also, you might want to take a look at the doc I tossed together a LONG time ago here for more migration tips.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi ghostlobster,

Its nice to be back. I have actually done the rounds trying out all my old favourites, and have settled on this again as it just works!

I actually followed your guide and found it very helpful, thanks. I actually thought that if I just wanted to view the old dvr-ms recordings via the video folder area I didint need that converter and that I only if I wanted to use the SageWebServer utility?

Thanks for the reply,

Matt
Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Ah, I missed that in your original post! Upon re-reading it, I understand now.
Yeah, they should just be there in your videos folder without having to browse media. I wonder if there's something that needs to be tweaked in order for it to display .dvr-ms files as video. I'll poke around and see if there is something that needs to be added, but I remember just pointing my watched folder for videos at my old MC recorded TV folder, doing a Refresh Imported Media, and everything was in there. I might have forgotten about one other step...lemme look around.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just trried going via the setup again and changed my recording directory (the one sage records to) to a sub directory rather than the same directory as the import one and bingo, all my old dvr-ms videos showed up! Thanks for the help, now to try out that sagewebserver utility

Matt