SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Sage User

DVD Cover Art

I have a HD-200 Media extender running in Standalone Mode with a USB Hard Drive attached. Have loaded my DVD's and it works fine. I am trying to put in Cover art and can't seem to get it to work. I have tried putting the art jpg (as folder.jpg) in the video TS folder , no luck. I have tried to just put it in the Movie's top folder , no luck. Am I doing something wrong? Help appreciated.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure if this would be it, but was the cover art already there when you imported that path, or did you add the cover art later? If you added it later, try removing the import path, rescanning, then adding that path back as an import dir, add rescanning again.

Or, is this in the file system browser instead of the video browser?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Sage User

Tried suggestions , still no luck. I am putting the folder.jpg into the videoTS folder . Is this correrct?
Again I am using this as a standalone unit with USB Hard drive. So to add folder.jpg I connect to computer and load file into HD then connect HD to Media extender.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
It should be -

\Starwars\Video_ts
\Starwars\Audio_ts
\Starwars\folder.jpg

Havent tried in standalone mode so not sure if it does work or not.

edit:

I stand corrected, Ooops

Last edited by jaminben; 12-15-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

You can put folder.jpg in the VIDEO_TS direcotry -- that's exactly where I show it in Appendix I of the full SageTV manual & is where I put them.

But, I'm not sure what to suggest next because the questions I posted above were not answered.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage User

Sorry to not be clear.
I added the folder.jpg later, so I followed your instructions and removed the import path, rescaned, then added that path back as an import dir, and rescaned again. No luck.
I now this is redundant but just to make sure I am telling everything, I am using the extender with just a HD connected, no internet connection. I load all the DVD's and artwork with the HD connected to my main PC, then disconnect USB cable and with extender shut off connect USB hard Drive to extender then plug in extender power supply. Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I have it working for DVDs in import paths on the network, so it should work for a local USB drive, but I haven't done that yet.

When you removed the import path & rescanned, was the DVD removed from the video browser? If not, it wasn't seen as gone. Try renaming one of the directories leading up to the DVD folder on the drive & rescanning. You shouldn't have to unplug the HD200 to do any of this.

- Andy
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Got the dvd cover art working. Stupid mistake by me. When I saved the cover art I named it folder.jpg then when I mported it Media Extender named it folder.jpg.jpg , obviously this would not work. Thanks for your help.
Now that i have cover art in I notice a delay in the folder.jpg's coming on screen as I page thru the DVD's in DVD section of Video. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do? I have about 60 DVD's loaded in Hard Drive so far.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by len12121 View Post
Now that i have cover art in I notice a delay in the folder.jpg's coming on screen as I page thru the DVD's in DVD section of Video. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?
Try reducing the time setting at Advanced Setup -> Customize -> Inactivity Timeout and OSD AutoHide -> User Input Timeout before loading thumbnails.

- Andy
Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Sage User

I have reduced all that you suggested. When calling up DVD's the scrolling through the DVD's is better but still slow. I would say it takes a couple seconds to show the next DVD's because of the Cover Art. I tried changing the rows and columns from 2x2 to 4x4 ....etc. with no difference. Is this because of the Standalone mode being different than if you use SageTV with the HD200? Do you recommend I remove the cover art or is there a fix coming to solve this issue?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator

I don't see a huge delay when scrolling through my DVDs & I still have the 1500 ms delay before showing the thumbnails.

By any chance, are your cover art files very large? What are the dimensions of the images?

- Andy
Old 12-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Sage User

I looked at size of DVD art files. They range from 120kb to 400kb. What is the ideal size for these?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator

My art is in the range of 50K, at 250x350 pixels or so. You could try using smaller images, since they probably aren't shown that large on the screen anyway.

- Andy
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Sage User

Changed DVD artwork to 50K range and results are good. Thanks for the advice.