SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage User

HD200 - cool, but 2 issues - memory & playback issues with hdpvr

Hey All

Is anyone else getting errors from the HD200;s saying that their isnt enough memory to scan any further directories? Can I just add a flash drive to supplement this somehow?

My media setup has about 2tb 5k or so of files so it doesnt even make it though 1k... which means I need to connect ot the sage server for everything.

Second has anyone else had to exit from live tv and re-enter when using hdpvr? If I change channels the first channel is fine, but the second will pause/hiccup the video playback until I exit & stop the recording then go back in. (its only on the hd200 - not the capture though since all the recordings are fine)

Has anyone come up with solutions to these issues?

Thanks

Adam
Old 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...84&postcount=1
Old 12-16-2008, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by agover View Post
Hey All

Is anyone else getting errors from the HD200;s saying that their isnt enough memory to scan any further directories? Can I just add a flash drive to supplement this somehow?

My media setup has about 2tb 5k or so of files so it doesnt even make it though 1k... which means I need to connect ot the sage server for everything.
This is a known issue - only for stand-alone mode though. It's been discussed in this thread including the possibility of using a USB flash drive to add memory. Definitely a major limitation for some though.

Quote:
Second has anyone else had to exit from live tv and re-enter when using hdpvr? If I change channels the first channel is fine, but the second will pause/hiccup the video playback until I exit & stop the recording then go back in. (its only on the hd200 - not the capture though since all the recordings are fine)
This issue is in extender mode correct? I'm not seeing this issue with my HD200. What are you using for channel changing (USBUIRT, Hauppauge IR blaster or other)?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by agover View Post
This is usually due to the HDPVR beginning its recording before your stb has finished changing channels. The resolution switch after the channel change throws the HDPVR for a loop.

There are a couple of things you could try:

* set your stb to output to the same resolution on all channels (720p or 1080i). This has the disadvantage of using more disk space for 480i sd recordings.

* add a delay to make sure that the recording begins after the channel change has completed:

- close Sage or shutdown the service
- edit the Sage.properties file so that:

delay_to_wait_after_tuning=4000

- make sure that you are editing this property for the tuner that corresponds to your HDPVR. The time is in ms, so 4000 = 4 seconds. You may have to tweak this depending on your stb, how you are tuning channels, etc.
- save the changes to Sage.properties
- restart Sage