SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Video key on HD-200 remote

I would think that pusing this key sends you to Media Library/Videos, or MyVideos in SageMC, but it seems to send you to RecordedTV, just like the TV button. This is the case on all 3 of my extenders - do others notice the same? And then how do I remap this key to my MyVideos section?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Has nobody else noticed this or does no-one else care?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Sage Expert

Under detail settings/commands, you can remap the IR code that the remote sends to any functions. I think those settings are global, so when you change it, it will be changed for all of them...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Jeff - that did the trick. When you say global you mean that it will do the trick for all of my extenders?

But this still doesn't change the fact that they way that the extenders are shipped contains incorrect mapping for the Videos key.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
But this still doesn't change the fact that they way that the extenders are shipped contains incorrect mapping for the Videos key.
The default configuration for that button on the remote isn't incorrect; it just isn't what you want it to be.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

What affect should you get when you push the Videos button? On all 3 of my extenders it appears to bring up the SageTV Recordings screen - is that the intended behaviour?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Did you look at the remote layout in the extender's manual? That shows what all the buttons should do, using a visual layout.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Reading the manual - what a concept! OK I see what it says there but I still say it is mislabelled - it makes sense for standalone mode but not for Client mode.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Sage Expert

The IR code that the remotes send is the same on all the extenders. Sage has the mapping of IR code to function and that code by default is mapped to the recorded video screen. I use an old remote from a broken TV to assign to additional command in Sage and learn them into my harmony remote to be able to run any internal sage commands...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Did you look at the remote layout in the extender's manual? That shows what all the buttons should do, using a visual layout.

- Andy
Quote:
Reading the manual - what a concept! OK I see what it says there but I still say it is mislabelled - it makes sense for standalone mode but not for Client mode.
I agree. The button says "Videos," not "Sage TV Recordings." I'd rather it goes to "Videos," which seems more intuitive, since the button is next to "Music" and "Photos," similar subsections of the Media Center. At least give us a choice, or there should have been another button for Recordings.

Is there possibly an option (or hack) to tell the extender to go to videos instead?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamc9341 View Post
I agree. The button says "Videos," not "Sage TV Recordings." I'd rather it goes to "Videos," which seems more intuitive, since the button is next to "Music" and "Photos," similar subsections of the Media Center. At least give us a choice, or there should have been another button for Recordings.

Is there possibly an option (or hack) to tell the extender to go to videos instead?
I raised this issue but it is actually very easy to fix. Go to Setup/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to Sage TV command. Scroll down to Video Library which is about 80% of the way down. Click on that and then click on the videos button.

Although I complained about this it is trivially easy to change what any of the buttons on this remote do - or any other remote for that matter.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I raised this issue but it is actually very easy to fix. Go to Setup/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to Sage TV command. Scroll down to Video Library which is about 80% of the way down. Click on that and then click on the videos button.

Although I complained about this it is trivially easy to change what any of the buttons on this remote do - or any other remote for that matter.
Cool. No complaints here, when there's a way to choose. I figured there was, as there is with so much else. One of the reasons I love SageTV. Thanks for the tip.