SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow STV Import: Display Output Info on OSD for Default STV

This import shows the current output display resolution and the currently playing media file format on the timebar/controlbar in the default STV. It is useful when using the HD extender or theater to see what the extender is outputting to the TV without going through the setup menus. If loaded onto a PC client it shows the display resolution. In either situation (PC Client or extender) it shows the media file resolution.

The file format does not display anything when playing back DVD files in Video_TS format. I think this is a function of how the mediafileformat function format works in studio.

It has been tested on SageTV 6.5.3 beta.

Download Link:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=293
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Thank you for this. I tried it out and it works well.

On my HD extender it is formatted fine and fits between the info bar and bottom of the screen. On my Sage Client (PC), it's cut off a bit, but I run my Sage client in standard 4:3 mode and Windows rez of 1152x864. 'Not sure if that matters.

I'd like to ask for one feature request. Is it possible to change the location, font size and color?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
On my Sage Client (PC), it's cut off a bit, but I run my Sage client in standard 4:3 mode and Windows rez of 1152x864. 'Not sure if that matters.
The resolution youre running at shouldnt matter... It is at the bottom (or very close to the bottom). The only thing I can think of maybe somehow you're overscan settings aren't correct.

Quote:
I'd like to ask for one feature request. Is it possible to change the location, font size and color?
Short answer: Size and Location - not easily. Color - fairly easily.

Slightly longer answer: When I have a minute I can map the color to a property item.

The font size and location are more difficult. The font size is governed by the text box container size. So changing that one is slightly more difficult via property items. Same thing with location. If you are comfortable messing with studio it's fairly easy to change the size of the text box (you also need to change the size or position of the control/timebar too or they will overlap). In studio do a search for "razrsharpe" without the quotes. This will get you close to the right place.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

For some reason, the font comes out perfectly crisp and legible on some videos, but bold and blocky on others. I can't find a rhyme or reason, but it does only happen on some 1080 movies, never 720.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

I wonder if this STVi could be modified to (optionally of course) automatically resize the client window to match the source? A lot of my sources are various sizes and I'm constantly dragging the size of the client window to get rid of black bars either top or bottom...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
I wonder if this STVi could be modified to (optionally of course) automatically resize the client window to match the source? A lot of my sources are various sizes and I'm constantly dragging the size of the client window to get rid of black bars either top or bottom...
I suppose you could... however, it would probably be better handled in a seperate STVi. Getting the file format is fairly trivial so it would be better handled separately. I can see there being problems though when playback ends.. would you want the window to stay whatever size it is or resize to some "default". Or do you just want to go by the AR (aspect ratio) and then always resize so one side is the same length (or a max length).

I am also not sure how easy it would be for Sage to resize the window... that probably requires an interface to the Windows UI.... maybe its possible but I'm not a windows programmer so I'm not sure about that one..

I never run Sage in windowed mode though on my PC client unless I'm debugging something, then I don't care about the black bars. If I get REALLY bored one day I may try it just for the challenge but I wouldn't count on it.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
For some reason, the font comes out perfectly crisp and legible on some videos, but bold and blocky on others. I can't find a rhyme or reason, but it does only happen on some 1080 movies, never 720.
Is it all the fonts on the OSD? or just the font that displays the file/output info?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I suppose you could... however, it would probably be better handled in a seperate STVi. Getting the file format is fairly trivial so it would be better handled separately. I can see there being problems though when playback ends.. would you want the window to stay whatever size it is or resize to some "default". Or do you just want to go by the AR (aspect ratio) and then always resize so one side is the same length (or a max length).

I am also not sure how easy it would be for Sage to resize the window... that probably requires an interface to the Windows UI.... maybe its possible but I'm not a windows programmer so I'm not sure about that one..

I never run Sage in windowed mode though on my PC client unless I'm debugging something, then I don't care about the black bars. If I get REALLY bored one day I may try it just for the challenge but I wouldn't count on it.
I think the simple thing would be to either leave it whatever the last source is or return it to a preset default.

I don't know how easy it would be either but you can right click the title bar and select resolutions and you can add more resolutions to the .properties file so it does resize. Whether or not that can be made automatic based on the source is beyond me too. I added the request to the v7 wishlist thread a while back...

I rarely run full screen on the PC because sometimes PQ suffers. I was more wondering if it could be done, I won't hold my breath, I don't expect anyone to make a plugin based on my questions.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is it all the fonts on the OSD? or just the font that displays the file/output info?
Just your fonts on the bottom when displaying the info.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried this import, but it seems to report every source file as 1080i. Even when I play a file that I know is 480p, it is shown as File:1080i.
I'm running on a PC client, not an extender. The screen resolution is fixed at 1080i from the computer to the HDTV, but source material varies, and I would like to have a display of the source file's resolution.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

we are talking about the description after File: correct?

is the 480p video you are talking about a dvd? i believe there is a bug in the code that parses the media file format discussion for dvds... The problem is that sage doesnt report anything useful for dvd resolution and my code doesnt clear the last displayed resolution so when you start a dvd it just reports the last resolution. Hopefully i will have some time in the near future to fix this.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Right - there are two lines. The first is the display resolution, which is slightly under 1920x1080 due to NVidia overscan compensation. The next line is File:, and it is is 1080i 29.95fps (or something close to that). It never changes, even when playing a 480p file. The files are either OTA ATSC or from HD-PVR. I am not playing any DVD files at this time. I verified that the cable box is changing resolutions - IE when I tune to a 480p channel on the cable box, the TV displays 480p. The HD-PVR is recording that same signal.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

my guess then is i am parsing the mediafiledescription field wrong. It seems to work with my hdpvr (comcast stb constant 1080i output), OTA ATSC (720p 1080i from the hdhr), mkv (720p, 1080i, 1080p), avi (random), m2ts/bluray. To be honest its been awhile since ive looked at and was one of my first attempts at studio so my guess is i am parsing the field wrong. Ive used a similar parsing technique in a couple of other places (like for my videoout popup import) and (if i remember correctly) i updated it for that. I will take a look at it and see what i am doing wrong.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Where do i put this file?

I wish folks would describe how to install all these different customization types when announcing availability. is this a STVI plugin? my desktop savetv client can't find it.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

sorry about not posting detailed directions... this was one of my first (if not my first) plugin.

1. Unzip the zip file to your STV folder inside the Sage Directory. Usually something like (C:\Program Files\Sage TV\Sage TV\STVs\SageTV3)
  2. Now when you import the file into the STV (somewhere in detailed setup) you should be able to select the .stvi
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

I assume this will no longer be needed (or will be ported?) to v7?

I have not loaded the beta yet to see if the Sage developers added something similar.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

a port is in progress (almost ready) I rolled my videoout customization into this one as well. I hope to have something uploaded this weekend.

Sage did not add something similar to their OSD.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
a port is in progress (almost ready) I rolled my videoout customization into this one as well. I hope to have something uploaded this weekend.

Sage did not add something similar to their OSD.
Excellent. I like both of those plugins.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

v7 compatible plugin is uploaded. Support thread here
Check out TVExplorer