SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 AM

Crashing When Setting Up Live TV - Cannot Set Up live TV

Hello,

INTRO
I downloaded SageTV a few months ago and used it whilst in the trial period. Once the trial period expires I uninstalled the program. I liked SageTV but never got around to buying a licence, until recently. The problem is however that I have since reinstalled SageTV (I have tried versions 6.4.8, 6.5.2 & 6.5.3) and in each case I keep getting the same problem.

THE PROBLEM
I go through the config wizard and get to setup video sources. I can either add a new source or select the WinTV 7164 (or something like that - cant remeber the exact no)option that is already existing - it must have been added automatically by SageTV

If I choose the existing WinTV option the Lost Connection page keeps popping up.

If I choose the Add new source option I get two choices, Happauge wintv 7164 analogue or Happauge wintv 7164 analogue #2. I can add either one no problems but when I select the type of input I select digital tuner and SageTV crashes. If i select any other type of input a blue screen shows up in the preview pane, but thats it. I think at one stage after a few tweaks I got to the scan chaneels pages with this option however the please wait notice came up and would not go away and no channels were picked up.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
I have updated drivers and software to the latest available for both the tv tuner and the graphics card (including using the HCW clear for the tuner drivers) I have installed the latest Java program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SageTV and cleared any leftovers from the registry. I have deleted the words following the MMC IGNORE line in the Sage.properties as suggested in the manual. I have run the debugging tool but it closes when SageTV crashes so I cannot see if there is an error message. I have tried with both WinTV software installed and not installed.

RELATED ISSUE
I have found that before cleaning up registry files etc that when i reinstalled SageTV that it would crash on startup. By starting the SageTV Service Control this overcame this issue. Anyway, this lead me to look at the SageTV Service Control in more detail. It would appear that once enabled the service starts but then stops automatically. If i try to start the Service using the SERVICES option in the control panel an error 1067 notice comes up - something about unexpected termination. Im not sure if this impacts on the problem at hand.

SPECS
I have the following specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Happauge HVR-2200 Digital/Analogue Tuner
ATI Radeon HD2400Pro

PLEASE HELP
I can get the Tuner working with other programs just not SageTV.
I apologise if a similar issue has previously been raised but I have spent days if not weeks trying to fix this issue and looking at the forums but have not had any luck. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks