SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Disable the pop-up when a new drive is attached

I use an HD100 extender and I have the SageTV server running on my primary desktop. SageMC on the extender is really a great combination. I'm extremely satisfied with it. The work that has been done on SageMC is really fantastic. I probably wouldn't have gone down the SageTV route if SageMC didn't exist. Nevertheless, I should get to the point...

There is one nagging problem that is frustrating because I'm often attaching cell phones or ipods or hard drives to my desktop and whenever I do a pop-up is displayed on the extender for the new drive. I set the option in "Detailed Setup->Display pop-up when a new driver is detected" to disabled, but that doesn't seem to work. I still get the pop-up every time.

Is this a known bug? Is there some configuration I'm missing? I thought I saw a post about this prior to 6.3.8a so I was hoping it would be fixed in that, but it wasn't so I figured I ask about it.

Versions - Windows XP SP3, SageTV 6.4.8.184, Java 1.6.0_11, SageMC 6.3.8a
Old 01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Should work! Check @ the server to see if it's disable there also.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Sage User

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by check at the server. I see this:
ui/notify_on_new_drive=false in the extender properties file.
ui/notify_on_new_drive=false in SageClient.properties on the server. I get the same pop-up behavior in the gui running on the server as well as the extender.

That property doesn't exist in the sage.properties file.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't go into the xml file and change anything. Also, this has nothing to do with SageMC (at least I don't see how it would). The setting is in detailed setup which is part of the core STV.

I think what queonda is saying is this:

Go to your Server PC (not using the extender) and start up SageTV.

In Detailed Setup>Customize> there's a menu item called "display pop-up when a new drive is detected" You should set that as "disabled"

Sounds like this is what you've done it isn't working. Just be sure you've set it as disabled on all of your SageTV's including the server PC and all extenders. I just tested it and it worked for me.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Angry This is a SageMC bug

I encountered this problem also. This is actually a bug in SageMC.
In their code they do not check the ui/notify_on_new_drive propery when detecting new drives.
I wrote small import for SageMC that fixes this problem, however I think it should be part of SageMC.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
I encountered this problem also. This is actually a bug in SageMC.
In their code they do not check the ui/notify_on_new_drive propery when detecting new drives.
I wrote small import for SageMC that fixes this problem, however I think it should be part of SageMC.
What causes the problem? Strange that I'm not seeing it - tested with two usb drives on the server and as long as I have that setting set (see above) I don't get the popup.

Could you point me to the import you mentioned? I'll forward a note to the SageMC devs to take a look.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the help.

I double checked the settings and the pop-ups are disabled on both the server and the extender.

I also double checked that the pop-up setting appears to work correctly with the default STV. If I'm running SageMC on either the extender or the server I get the pop-up regardless of the value of the setting (enabled or disabled). When I'm running the standard STV, the pop-up setting is handled correctly.

Since this apparently works for some people, I very well could have some configuration problem. I'll keep digging around and trying other things.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am uploading here the import that I did to fix this problem.
I work with 6.3.8a or the latest.
Attached Files
File Type: stvi sagemc-fix-device-added.stvi (4.5 KB, 710 views)
Old 01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

I added it to the "features request list" for SageMC. (has some bug fix requests too)

Thanks,