SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Sage User

audio on some recordings not others

Video works fine on all tv recordings using placeshifter. Audio only works on some of them. The rest have silent audio. However, audio works fine on all recordings on a sagetv client, and on the sagetv server itself. Before I try and diagnose further, has anyone seen this problem before, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Using 6.5.5, although I've had this problem in all previous versions. Sagetv server is running Vista Business 32bit. Placeshifter pc is running XP. Based in the UK using 2 dual tuner Hauppauge nova 500s.

thanks!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had this problem too. I had to delete ALOT of my recordings because of this. If you look at one of your sagetv_#.txt file you will see that audio device for that specific card crashed. I am not quite sure if it is sage's driver for the card or the driver for the card that crashed.

I ended up rebooting my server because i was updating few things when i noticed this issue. I am sure we ARE not the only ones having this issue.

PS: i have Hauppauge 500mce wintv card.