SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

BBC-HD and ITV-HD

I was wondering how people are getting on with these 2 HD channels.
I'm using the HD100 as my client. Video is via HDMI and audio via analogue to my stereo.

BBC-HD

I had been getting the narrative audio on BBC-HD by default for quite a while. I upgraded to 6.5.6 and Sage now selects the AC3-DTS (I can't quite remember the exact details of what it says) but I get that awful stuttering and occasional noise blips. If I press the audio button on the remote it switches to the narrative audio stream and plays back fine - apart from the daft bloke or women who won't shut up.

ITV-HD

I actually found something to watch for the first time on Saturday. It plays fine for about 5 or so seconds, and then seems to stop, wait a couple of seconds, plays ok again for another 5 seconds and repeats the cycle. My description here might not be quite exact as I'm trying to remember what was going on and the old grey matters not quite what it used to be.

The sage installation I'm using was from a 6.3.10 install that I've continually upgraded. I was wondering if anyone has either of these channels working properly. If so I might do a clean install at the weekend to see if it makes any difference.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Sage User

I have had exactly the same issue with BBC-HD for several weeks. I used to be able to watch without audio description, but no longer. Only changes have been to upgrade SageTV.

I am guessing that the SageTV people are not in the UK and are not able to replicate the problem. I keep hoping that someone who knows more than I do will come up with something.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here is an update for BBC-HD ac3 audio
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.6/MpegDeMux.ax ver. 2.0.1.25

the AC3Filter doesn't support BBC-HD AC3, you may use an Arcosoft Audio decoder or ffdshow audio decoder.

Qian
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks Qian, I'll have a play when I get home on Friday.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Here is an update for BBC-HD ac3 audio
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.6/MpegDeMux.ax ver. 2.0.1.25

the AC3Filter doesn't support BBC-HD AC3, you may use an Arcosoft Audio decoder or ffdshow audio decoder.

Qian
This hasn't fixed the issue for me on my HD100. I haven't tried my windows client yet though.

Also AC3 filter has no problems with BBC-HD audio when using DVBViewer

Whitey
Old 01-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Running the latest SageTV Beta (6.5.6.200), the latest HD100 firmware (20081224) and the latest HD200 firmware (20081230) with DVBViewer (4.0) and the DVBViewer Recorder I can now receive ITV HD and BBC HD perfectly on my extenders. The problems with BBC HD 5.1 have been fixed - no more stuttering and perfect sound. BBC HD recordings made prior to the latest s/w & firmware installs still exhibit the problem (i.e. jerky playback and stuttering sound). I am using a Pinnacle 7010ix to receive the satellite channels.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by logsvp View Post
Running the latest SageTV Beta (6.5.6.200), the latest HD100 firmware (20081224) and the latest HD200 firmware (20081230) with DVBViewer (4.0) and the DVBViewer Recorder I can now receive ITV HD and BBC HD perfectly on my extenders. The problems with BBC HD 5.1 have been fixed - no more stuttering and perfect sound. BBC HD recordings made prior to the latest s/w & firmware installs still exhibit the problem (i.e. jerky playback and stuttering sound). I am using a Pinnacle 7010ix to receive the satellite channels.
I don't use the DVBViewer network encoder, sage controls my TV cards directly

Whitey
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I don't use the DVBViewer network encoder, sage controls my TV cards directly
Hi Whitey, I wasn't actually replying to your post but Doc's at the beginning despite the timings indicating that might be the case - I am a slow writer

However, your reply highlights the fact that at the moment SageTV cannot see the Satellite Tuners on either the Blackgold BGT3540 or the Pinnacle 7010ix tuner cards. SageTV does see the digital terrestrial tuners on these two cards.
DVBViewer sees all tuners on these cards DVB and DVT hence I use DVBViewer Recorder to view the satellite channels as this is the only way I have managed to get it to work.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well at least we're getting somewhere now.

Do you have dvbviewer on the same machine that sage is installed on, or is it on a different machine?

I'm not going to buy it, I was just wondering out of curiosity.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Do you have dvbviewer on the same machine that sage is installed on, or is it on a different machine?
Yes, it runs on the same PC which is a dedicated HTPC. All TV viewing is via extenders - 1 x MVP, 2 x HD100 and 1 x HD200
Old 01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
My BBC-HD recordings (made with DVBViewer) prior to the latest Sage beta now work ok.

George at support told me to try the following:-

Close SageTV and the service and open up your Sage.properties file in the SageTV folder.
Look for this line

force_full_content_reindex=false

Change it from false to true and restart Sage and let it reindex your imported media. It might take a while so give it some time before you shut Sage off.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC View Post
My BBC-HD recordings (made with DVBViewer) prior to the latest Sage beta now work ok.
Thank you so much for this info - just done as you suggested and all my old BBC HD recordings now work perfectly in 5.1
So it looks like AFAIK that all the issues I had with BBC HD and ITV HD have been resolved
Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Whitey, I wasn't actually replying to your post but Doc's at the beginning despite the timings indicating that might be the case - I am a slow writer

However, your reply highlights the fact that at the moment SageTV cannot see the Satellite Tuners on either the Blackgold BGT3540 or the Pinnacle 7010ix tuner cards. SageTV does see the digital terrestrial tuners on these two cards.
DVBViewer sees all tuners on these cards DVB and DVT hence I use DVBViewer Recorder to view the satellite channels as this is the only way I have managed to get it to work.
I'm trying to resist going back to the DVBViewer encoder, I have used it in the past, but it used to crash my server after I while so nothing would work (running WHS) not even RDP.

I'm glad to hear you guys running the DVBViewer network encoder are up and running again with BBC-HD.

Whitey
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I've just tried BBC-HD with all the latest updates as well as running the card from within Sage natively (not with DVBViewer) and it only works if I change the audio to No.2. If I don't change the audio then it suffers from the stuttering we've seen with previous releases. At least I dont have to listen to the narrative audio stream anymore which is a bonus.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've just tried BBC-HD with all the latest updates as well as running the card from within Sage natively (not with DVBViewer) and it only works if I change the audio to No.2. If I don't change the audio then it suffers from the stuttering we've seen with previous releases. At least I dont have to listen to the narrative audio stream anymore which is a bonus.
I'm not on my own then! I've had an e-mail from Qian saying he's working on this so hope it won't be long.

BTW AIUI BBC-HD only has two audio tracks, the ac3 one and a MP2 one. You must have been watching a program with no narrative!

Whitey
Old 01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
I'm trying to resist going back to the DVBViewer encoder
I would prefer to be able to use the Blackgold BGT3540 and/or Pinnacle 7010ix natively from within SageTV as this would mean running less software but as SageTV doesn't appear to recognise the DVB satellite tuners I have to resort to using DVBViewer. I suspect it must be something simple within SageTV to get it recognised, as DVBViewer appears to spot them easily enough.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't have any clients (mySage service is the same box I watch TV on) and the latest beta (6.5.6) also broke the sound on BBC HD for me. I am using the PowerDVD 7 audio (and video) decoder and the narrative audio works ok but not the main one.

Does anyone have BBC HD working with sound on the main audio channel on the latest beta and if so what decoder are you using?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
I don't have any clients (mySage service is the same box I watch TV on) and the latest beta (6.5.6) also broke the sound on BBC HD for me. I am using the PowerDVD 7 audio (and video) decoder and the narrative audio works ok but not the main one.

Does anyone have BBC HD working with sound on the main audio channel on the latest beta and if so what decoder are you using?
Qian has reported that BBC-HD ac3 works with Arcosoft Audio decoder or ffdshow audio decoder on his set-up

Whitey
Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

An update for BBC-HD AC3

Here is an update
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.6/TSSplitter.ax version 2.0.10.13

with this update, a BBC-HD recording should be fine in HD100/HD200, and with the AC3Filter, CyberLink (PDVD) audio decoder as well.

Qian

Last edited by donkey; 01-08-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
Here is an update
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.5.6/TSSplitter.ax version 2.0.10.13

with this update, a BBC-HD recording should be fine in HD100/HD200, and with the AC3Filter, CyberLink (PDVD) audio decoder as well.

Qian
It works fine with BBC-HD so far.