SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

That new file seems to do the trick. One thing i did notice though was trying to switch to the narrative track (which I would never actually do if I wasnt playing around) caused Sage to crash. The service was fine, just the client. This was with using Arcsoft audio and video drivers on the latest beta.

EDIT: it also appears that moving away from BBC HD using the channel +/- button also causes Sage to crash with this splitter. Pausing/rewinding/stopping seems to work fine.

Matt

Last edited by msm; 01-08-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
That new file seems to do the trick. One thing i did notice though was trying to switch to the narrative track (which I would never actually do if I wasnt playing around) caused Sage to crash. The service was fine, just the client. This was with using Arcsoft audio and video drivers on the latest beta.

Matt
Because I posted a wrong one (debug version), please redownload to try, check if you can repeat crashing.

Qian
Old 01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had a quick play and its now perfect.

Thanks again
Old 01-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I redownloaded and still get the same issues. Is there a way I can switch on logging for the splitter?

Matt
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I redownloaded and still get the same issues. Is there a way I can switch on logging for the splitter?

Matt
Enable native log.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To enable native.log
create an empty file "NATIVE_LOG.ENABLE" in sagetv directory, restart sagetv. sagetv creates a log "native.log"
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Qian
Old 01-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
it also appears that moving away from BBC HD using the channel +/- button also causes Sage to crash with this splitter.
just checked on my HD100 and everythings working fine.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have caught the log and attached it to this message.

This is with the latest Arcsoft version on Vista 64bit, the latest beta and the latest mpegdemux.ax from the other thread.

Thanks

Matt
Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

When I play BBC HD I now have to change the audio on my hd100 for it to work. Once the audio has been changed it plays fine. Is there a way to eliminate the need to change the audio. Maybe having the working audio track set as the default. Sage ver 6.5.6 with the above demux.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
When I play BBC HD I now have to change the audio on my hd100 for it to work. Once the audio has been changed it plays fine. Is there a way to eliminate the need to change the audio. Maybe having the working audio track set as the default. Sage ver 6.5.6 with the above demux.
Have you changed the demux and the tssplitter?

The symptoms you have sound like you haven't copied the tsspliiter file.

My HD100 now selects the AC3 audio by default and it works fine. If I press the audio button it changes to the narrative track and that works fine too.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yep i have the splitter from earlier in this thread and the demux from the other thread. I do not have an extender so I guess the codecs I am using are different from you (which I am assuming are hardware ones?).I am guessing hte only location I need to copy these to is the common folder?

The AC3 audio works great, so it is not a huge deal, just the odd error when leaving the channel or changing audio source. It is only BBCHD that I have the issues with, everyhting elese works great using the new splitter and demux.

Matt

Last edited by msm; 01-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yep i have the splitter from earlier in this thread and the demux from the other thread. I do not have an extender so I guess the codecs I am using are different from you (which I am assuming are hardware ones?).

Matt
Yup the extender does it all for you, no tinkering any more

Yes both are in the common folder.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the rapid reply. I have reloaded both files and will try again.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yep i have the splitter from earlier in this thread and the demux from the other thread. I do not have an extender so I guess the codecs I am using are different from you (which I am assuming are hardware ones?).I am guessing hte only location I need to copy these to is the common folder?

The AC3 audio works great, so it is not a huge deal, just the odd error when leaving the channel or changing audio source. It is only BBCHD that I have the issues with, everyhting elese works great using the new splitter and demux.

Matt
I just tried this using my client license on a vista pc. BBC-HD worked straight off using the 6.5.6 client. I then updated the 2 files in the common folder and it still works fine.

I have cyberlink powercinema installed on this PC.

As for what settings sage is using I can only see the following.

Detailed setup - advanced - 3d Acceleration : Enabled
Detailed setup - Video/Audio - Video rendered : EVR
Detailed setup - Video/Audio - MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter: Cyblerlink
Detailed setup - Video/Audio - MPEG4 Playback : SageTV Player
Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Before I put the new splitter/demux in I could not get the AC3 audio on my client with either the Cyberlink or Arcsoft decoders.

I dont have cyberlink on my machine at the moment but I might reinstall my version 7 and see if I get the same with that.

Matt
Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Before I put the new splitter/demux in I could not get the AC3 audio on my client with either the Cyberlink or Arcsoft decoders.

I dont have cyberlink on my machine at the moment but I might reinstall my version 7 and see if I get the same with that.

Matt
hmmm...... I'm starting to wonder now.

I installed the client last night. I wonder if I copied in the new files while under the influence of a bottle of wine...... that would explain why it worked straight off tonight.

Maybe I should stay well clear of the PC when I'm drinking!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Anyone tried ITV-HD with the new file? I tried mine last night and it worked fine until I changed the channel. After the channel change it became stuttery and I couldnt get it to play properly at all even after a server/extender restart. The reason I ask is that I've just reinstalled my server using WHS and was wondering if it was because I'm using a pooled drive for recordings.
BBC-HD worked great even after a channel change.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Anyone tried ITV-HD with the new file? I tried mine last night and it worked fine until I changed the channel. After the channel change it became stuttery and I couldnt get it to play properly at all even after a server/extender restart. The reason I ask is that I've just reinstalled my server using WHS and was wondering if it was because I'm using a pooled drive for recordings.
BBC-HD worked great even after a channel change.
ITV HD wasn't sending out any video over the weekend, I noticed that it was missing too. Try it again now it should be back

Whitey
Old 01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
ITV HD wasn't sending out any video over the weekend, I noticed that it was missing too. Try it again now it should be back

Whitey
Wild at Heart was on last night, Nanny Mcphee got cancelled.
I've got a programme lined up tonight to send into Sage.

Last edited by jaminben; 01-12-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Wild at Heart was on last night, Nanny Mcphee got cancelled.
I've got a programme lined up tonight to send into Sage.
It didn't work with DVBViewer either though. Like I said the video PID 3401 wasn't broadcasting any information, but it is again now.

Whitey
Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
It didn't work with DVBViewer either though. Like I said the video PID 3401 wasn't broadcasting any information, but it is again now.

Whitey
Sorry, but I dont understand what your getting at? Are you saying it wasn't on? Or is their something happening with the PID which is why the picture kept stuttering after I changed the channel?

Wild at Heart was defo broadcasting last night on ITV-HD as I watched about 10 mins of it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...788062&page=55