SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have loaded the two files as per instructions and BBC HD does not have ac3 audio as the default. Also the voice over audio track causes the video to break up. Are the correct two files (demux & splitter) the ones given earlier in this thread?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
I have loaded the two files as per instructions and BBC HD does not have ac3 audio as the default. Also the voice over audio track causes the video to break up. Are the correct two files (demux & splitter) the ones given earlier in this thread?
I only use extenders to view TV so the only file I used was the splitter.ax version 2.0.10.13. BBC-HD works as it should for me and I only have issues with ITV-HD at the moment.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is driving me off the deep end. Version 6.5.6 does not give the correct audio with bbc hd, just the dreaded voice over. I have tried adding the files given earlier in the post to no avail. 6.5.6 also crashes to often so I am back with 6.5.5 which has been more reliable. How do I get bbc hd to work with out the voice over. I am just using sage to view hd with my hd100.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
This is driving me off the deep end. Version 6.5.6 does not give the correct audio with bbc hd, just the dreaded voice over. I have tried adding the files given earlier in the post to no avail. 6.5.6 also crashes to often so I am back with 6.5.5 which has been more reliable. How do I get bbc hd to work with out the voice over. I am just using sage to view hd with my hd100.
Funnily enough your not alone. Having just reinstalled Sage today and done what I thought was the correct setup to get BBC-HD working with 6.5.6 I now have the same issue as you. I'm coming to the conclusion that it must be a user setup problem as when I installed previously it worked fine with 6.5.6. I will keep trying various things to see if I can get it to work again, if I do I'll post the answer.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Jaminben. It's at least comforting to know it is not just me. Any help would be greatly appricated. I have recorded several shows only to find the dreaded voice.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

It seems to be working for me. I have gone back to using the AC3 filter for audio and dont get an error changing channel anymore either.

However, in the past I believe the BBC have broadcast the Narrative track as the main track, and it may be that which you are hearing. Does changing the audio channel in Sage do anything? It may be that the stuff I was watching did not have a narrative track so worked ok.

I am using the splitter from this thread but the demux from the other thread in this forum.

Matt
Old 01-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running 6.5.6 on WHS with a HD100 and I no longer have a problem with BBC HD. I do however get sound drop-outs on other ac3 channels (Sky HD, channel 4 HD, ITV HD, but Luxe HD seems to be fine)

If I make a recording using DVBViewer with these channels and then play it back in sage I don't get the drop outs. Very Strange

Whitey
Old 01-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

BBC HD still wrong on 6.5.7

Just installed 6.5.7 as both my SageTV server and SageTVClient and BBC HD audio is still not right.

I can play back recordings I had made using 6.4 that had both "#1 eng AC3 5.1" and "#2 NAR MP2" audio tracks and both play perfectly. The 5.1 track goes to my amp which shows and plays the 5.1 digital just great.

However, when recording or watching shows now using 6.5.7, it also shows "#1 eng AC3 5.1" and "#2 NAR MP2" also. Selecting track #2 plays fine (with voice over however). Selecting track #1, just makes a whole load of clicks and whistles and the video jumps all over the place and sage's response to user input is very sluggish until I get the sound track back off track #1.

I hope this can get fixed soon, as BBC HD is the only HD channel I have an most programs as unusable at present.