SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Import directory won't stay dead

C:\ keeps showing up as an import directory. This only started happening after I installed SageMC. I can delete it as an import directory, refresh, then it no longer shows up in my Videos.... but it keeps coming back like a bad penny. Any ideas?

RLW

Currently using:
Sage Media Center 6.5.6 beta for Windows
SageMC16x9 6.3.8a
Sage HD Theater STPHD-200 with 20081217-0 beta firmware
Old 01-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

Interesting...

I have a similar thing going on, although, it is with a drive that I no longer intend to use for recordings. It had an import of D:\MEDIA_D\VIDEOS\SageTV.

I removed the import directory, and removed the recording directory, and deleted the VIDEOS directory. I even deleted the directory from DirMon (for commercial skip monitoring), and when I restart, the above listed directory keeps being recreated...but no recordings are ever put there...
Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weird. I find it particularly annoying because I go into My Videos, and I see Directories for C:\Program Files and C:\Windows along with my Movies, TV Series and TV Specials directories. It's just an annoyance. For a variety of reasons I decided to totally remove Sage from my HTPC and do a fresh re-install, setting it up as a service. I did that last night, leaving it bone stock, with no customization. I added just the import directory I wanted (\\mediaNAS\media\video) and set the SageTV recording directory to be D:\Sage. No reference to C:\ at all - and it doesn't show up in My Videos.

Install SageMC - and C:\Program Files and C:\Windows shows up in My Videos. So it's definitely a SageMC thing. I did find a setting in SageMC in the "Path" section that referenced C:\ as a "Off-line video" directory, whatever that is. So I removed the path. I also saw a reference to C:\"something" (I forget) which pointed to the background image. I left that alone. It was late, so I don't know yet if, after a refresh, this will affect my problem or not. I'll check tonight.

Is it just me or is SageMC badly under-documented? I think it's fantastic and has great potential. But the learning curve seems unnecessarily steep.

RLW
Old 01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Go into Settings-SageMC-Paths and clear out the paths for temp or anything else you're not using in there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Gerry. Yes, I did find this area last night and will play with it more tonight.

RLW
Old 01-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

RLW, Re: SageMC Documentation. Well, you should have seen it before Mike got a hold of it. Don't get me wrong, MLBdude did an awesome job, and got this all started, but Mike really made it easier to use. All of the settings in SageMC was his addition, and before, everything had to be done in the properties file, requiring a shut down of Sage every time.

The documentation could be better for setting things up, but generally, if you poke around enough, you'll find stuff you are looking for, most of the time.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Geogecko, yeah, I re-read my comments re: documentation and they sound a little whiney.... I think a lot of very sharp folks have done some amazing work here. And judging by the various screen shots of custom layouts and themes, some very talented artists have also contributed significantly. I guess I just want to be able to participate ASAP. Since I'm accurately described as generally untalented... I need the benefit of documentation.

RLW
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, it can feel that way, even for someone that has used it from the start, like me. I just recently started using the dynamic menu, maybe a year or so ago. Just stick around in the forums, and if you have questions, many of us are more than willing to help!