SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unable to set one Favorite to "FirstRun"?

New SageTV user here. Only been up and running for about a week (thanks to waynedunham, S_M_E, CollinR, wayner, Djc208, voorhees and many others). But I've run into a "funny" and waynedunham (who lives relatively nearby) has been unable to replicated it.

I've setup around 20 Favorites so far. All but one let me set them up for "FirstRun" only without a problem. However one of them (Modern Marvels in History HD) will not set for "FirstRun". It defaults to "FirstRun and ReRuns" and will allow me to select "ReRuns" only. But it won't let me set it to "FirstRun" only. I've tried doing this from the server itself, from the server via RDC and from two different HD200's. Nothing will let me set this one specific Favorite to "FirstRun". I've tried dropping and recreating the Favorite (many times now).

I've done a search of the forums and found at least two other references to a similar problems (from 2003 & 2005), but no answers. Configuration is in .sig file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
pat----
Server -- Sage 7.1.9.256 in Service Mode w/Default UI - OS: Microsoft Windows Home Server (2003 SP2) - CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz, MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, RAM: 4GB OCZ, HD: SYS 1x500GB (SATA, 100GB C: ), DATA 3x1TB (SATA, in Pool, 64K cluster size)
Tuners -- 1xHDHomeRun Prime w/CC
Clients -- 2 HD200 Extenders and 2 HD300 Extenders
Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

That usually means there is already a Favorite configured that way & you can't have 2 configured the same way. Choose the option to sort by title on the Favorites Manager menu to help check for duplicates.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

errr ... thank you.

pat----
Server -- Sage 7.1.9.256 in Service Mode w/Default UI - OS: Microsoft Windows Home Server (2003 SP2) - CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz, MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, RAM: 4GB OCZ, HD: SYS 1x500GB (SATA, 100GB C: ), DATA 3x1TB (SATA, in Pool, 64K cluster size)
Tuners -- 1xHDHomeRun Prime w/CC
Clients -- 2 HD200 Extenders and 2 HD300 Extenders
Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there something in the guide that determines if it is a FIRST RUN show?

On Mon. & Tues of this week the show (CBS soap) did not record. On Mon. after finding that it did not record, went to the favorites schedule and seen that Tues. was not scheduled. I tried to schedule it and it did not allow me to set the first run and the channel had "only prior recordings". I look at Wed. and it was OK - normal. Knowing I had duplicate favorites, I deleted Tues. favorite and Just set Tues to manual and alls well - wife was happy - This show has been on my favorites for months.

Was the guide the problem?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Check the listing for that show in the guide. If it doesn't indicate that it is a First Run, then it isn't a First Run as far as SageTV is concerned. It could be a rerun or an EPG issue.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is a daily soap and therefore a first run show. My backup (DIRECTTV DVR) did record it and only records "first runs"
This is why the question. Not a complaint, just trying to see if I'm doing something wrong.
Where in the guide would it have shown me this?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb33 View Post
Where in the guide would it have shown me this?
When you highlight the show in the Guide, it will display a '1' icon in the upper info area. If you view the show's detailed info, it will say "First Run".

Was it "As the World Turns"? I see that on Monday & Tuesday, that one had a generic show ID (starts with "SH"), instead of unique episode info, so it could not have FR info. If the show's listings continue to have problems and you are using the built-in EPG data, you can report it to SageTV as mentioned towards the end of this FAQ.

- Andy
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

That was the show.

Thanks, I will do that, if it happens again.