SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage Expert

quick question about setting up comskip:
I have dirmon2 up and running, triggers fine, neat little program, documentation sucks a bit, but why be picky...
comskip works as such, it flags the beginning padding commercials/stuff correctly and it flags the end of the show/padding/commercials/stuff correctly, but it doesn't catch any commercials in the show itself???
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Sage Expert

another quick comskip question, is it normal for comskip to still be using up 40% of the cpu and 121K after 2 hours, how long does it take to build the skip file?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nothing really helpful to add, but at least I see there is someone in the chicago area other then me using Sage

I have been using it since June of 2008.. i finally am getting my second Media Extender (found another STX-HD100). I am running an older XP 2500+ Processor so I have done nothing with Comskip yet..
Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Nothing really helpful to add, but at least I see there is someone in the chicago area other then me using Sage
well as a fellow frigged wastelander, any news on what Sage is doing for global warming? I am really getting tired of these -30 days...( and than IVB goes and complains about his +40 as being cold...)
I vote we all do whatever we can to accelerate the warm up...

technically, I am only playing with sage, not really using it right now... currently I am using BTV, but I hope that will change soon... my extender should be here tomorrow, kind of can't wait to see how that works out...

Last edited by SomeWhatLost; 01-18-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
well as a fellow frigged wastelander, any news on what Sage is doing for global warming? I am really getting tired of these -30 days...( and than IVB goes and complains about his +40 as being cold...)
I vote we all do whatever we can to accelerate the warm up...

technically, I am only playing with sage, not really using it right now... currently I am using BTV, but I hope that will change soon... my extender should be here tomorrow, kind of can't wait to see how that works out...
yeah it entertains us when cold

I have been very happy with Sage.. Although I cam from Satellite (Dish) I have very few HD channels which sucks but a bunch of analog Cable channels..

I am running a Windows XP Pro machine with 1gig RAM but only an AMD Athlon XP 2500+. I have 4 analog tuners and an HDHR on my system

Been using a HD100 for a while on my main TV only, just bought a used HD100 for my other HD capable TV.

nothing too exciting
Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage Expert

well, my HD200 showed up... currently doing the update... its been like 15minutes, and its still on d/load 2%??? but my dsl isn't even blinking??
just where and how is it d/loading its code?? does it have some sort of super slow astral code projection feature? does it use Ethernet over Powerlines?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
well, my HD200 showed up... currently doing the update... its been like 15minutes, and its still on d/load 2%??? but my dsl isn't even blinking??
just where and how is it d/loading its code?? does it have some sort of super slow astral code projection feature?
It's magic injected by the SageTV elves themselves.

Quote:
does it use Ethernet over Powerlines?
You must have an ethernet cord connected to the HD200 with the other end of that cord connected to a router or switch - all connected to the internet.

So yes, it gets updates over the web - as long as you're connected to the web.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Sage Expert

well, it ended up timing out, so then I tried again and it said no connection, then the third try (nothing changed) it just worked...

maybe some dhcp weirdness?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

FWIW, I just got my HD200 online today. Ethernet over Powerline didn't work for me. I'm using ethernet over coax, NIM 100, and am not having any problems..... so far. The update took less than 5 minutes to download and install.

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS
Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
FWIW, I just got my HD200 online today. Ethernet over Powerline didn't work for me. I'm using ethernet over coax, NIM 100, and am not having any problems..... so far. The update took less than 5 minutes to download and install.
I was thinking about trying the NetGear Powerline products with my HD200's. What powerline adapter did you try? Has anyone had any luck with Powerline adapters?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried the Trendnet ones that provide up to 200Mbhp (actually a max of 100 due to interference because the wiring isn't twisted pairs) and they work fine for everything but streaming 1080i video. I can stream 720p without a glitch but 1080i wasn't quite there. So I'm using them on the family PC in place of wireless G and the kids are happy. The family PC is not a Sage client.

YMMV, it really depends on the condition of your wiring, distance, and how many times your signal goes through your breakers.

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Sage Expert

how do you set up play lists for Sage? (ie to play DVD A, then DVD B, etc)

is it just a file you create like Theatertek uses? did I ask this question already? am I losing my mind?

the HD200 is still working great, no issues other then I don't know how to create a playlist...