SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Sage User

Avoid powerdown/sleep when server disconnects?

I'm trying to avoid having my Harmony remote poweron/poweroff the HD200 and leave it on all the time. Mostly this works (the TV powers on and off when you hit watch TV).

The issue is the HD200 either powers off or sleeps when the sage server reboots or goes away for a while. You hit "watch TV" on the remote and the TV power's on but the extender remains off.

If the HD200 had seperate Poweron/Poweroff commands this would be pretty easy to always blast a Poweron command, but it's a toggle. So if the redlight is off either dig through the device menu to hit the power toggle or reconnect power.. Having a power toggle only makes it easy for things to get out of sync seriously impacting the WAF!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Administrator

There are discrete power on/off commands & I thought the Harmony setup mentioned here already had that.

This FAQ has a spreadsheet with all the IR codes listed for all commands.

Oh, and the Home command starts the HD200 connected to the server it was last connected to when powered off.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Sage User

Thanks! I remember looking at the remote codes a few weeks ago and that neuron must have died cause I completely forgot. Thanks for the help...

Ken