SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Additional Sorting Options

I put this in the feature request, but wanted to make sure it didn't get buried over there. Thanks for listening.

How about adding more sorting/filtering options in the Recorded TV screen, with the ability to choose a default setting or, even better, make the last setting stick.

I think that the malore 3 part sorting works great in the default STV.

You can choose how shows are grouped, sorted, as well as adding additional filters. Even better, you can save these views and name them so you can switch to them later.

I had several views configured, but the possibilities are endless.

Here are some examples of the views I had setup.
A view called TV by Show grouped by title, sorted by Episode number, and filtering out Movies and Archived.

A view called TV by Favorite, that I grouped by favorite, sorted by Episode number, and filtered out Movies and Archived.

A view called HD grouped by title, sorted by Episode number and filtered out SD recordings. I used this to identify what I could watch/delete when I was running out of space.

A view called Movies by Genre, that I grouped by Genre, Sorted by Title, and filtered to the "Movie" category.

A view called Movies by Rating, that I grouped by star Rating, Sorted by Title and filtered to the "Movie" category.

Another request, is the option to leave the Movies grouped in a separate folder in every sort screen (by date, by title). As well as the ability to leave Archived recordings out of the listing unless you actually choose the "Archived" filter.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

There is an STVi import available that allows you to use the Malore menus with SageMC. The latest version (1_0_0) incorporates pretty much all the features currently available with the Malore menus in the standard Sage STV. However, the latest version is not in the download section - it is buried in one of the posts in the support thread.

The only issues with it are (1) Left as back doesn't work, (2) video previews sometimes appear behind the thumbnail, and (3) it doesn't replace the standard Recordings or Schedule screens (4) it isn't fully theme-able, (5) doesn't support fan art on the detailed info screens, (6) no "Send To" button.

Perhaps it would make sense to request that the Malore Menus be incorporated into the core of SageMC as a supported feature. Then they could fix some of the minor details I mentioned above. Also would like them to add setups so you could choose whether to use the SageMC-style or Malore-style screens for recordings, schedule, etc.

At least, this is what I would like to see
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah, that would be idea. I have gotten a little more use to the SageMC recording screen, but would love to have more sorting/filtering options.

I still miss the Malore menus though, especially the latest installment where you could save multiple views.

I tried the Malore menu for SageMC but found it lacking, and actually un-readable if you have a busy background.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Malores recordings menus are the best thing to ever to happen to sage.

Ive recently switched to SageMC and while I love it, I miss the functionality for in malore's menus quite a bit. Id certainly like a way to get to them anyways.

Cory