SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Info if you are buying the HD200 to be shipped abroad?

I ordered my HD200 on Dec 23 and got it delivered (Belgium - Europe) on Jan 15. I find that a quick and good working process. I paid the on-line order with credit card, it did cost me $199.95 + $52 shipping costs. That made 184.82 Euro.

But than there were local added costs of 68.48 Euro! Import tax + 25 Euro postal admin (on top of that 52 USPS shipping cost). It's still a good deal, just posting this so international buyers are aware there is this additional cost to keep in mind.

And than a second warning/info for international buyers. The power supply is covering 100-240V 50-60Hz, so can be used (almost) everywhere. However, the electric plug is part of the transformator. I had expected something as with laptops, where the plug has a wire going into the transformator. Than it's only required to replace the plug (easy). I did now buy a 1.85 Euro small plug converter (US=>Euro), it works fine but it just isn't that strong/fixed as a plug replacement would have been.

Again, no real issue, just be aware you need such a converter ready if you want to start using the HD200 straight on arrival (as I did ).

It's close to a plug-and-play device, but some info on how to open directories on server/pc (certainly with VISTA) would help average users I believe.

Great product, putting it to the test now. It replaces my MVP and it's a serious improvement

Jan

CORRECTION Jan 22: USPS instead of UPS as pointed out by MCE-Refugee.

Last edited by JParedis; 01-22-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Sage User

VAT and shipping for UK

Further info for anyone importing to the UK.

You'll need an adaptor plug for the two pin US power supply (3.48 from B&Q for me).

Obviously there's VAT on top but parcelforce (who deliver UPS in the UK) also add a charge - altogether there's an additional £38 to pay (including VAT). I really hadn't expected the additional parcelforce charge.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's normal for couriers to charge a handling fee when collecting the VAT & customs duty. I think that it's normally a flat rate so when the VAT & duty is a small amount the handling fee can be diproportionately high.

Sage ship using the US Postal Service (USPS) rather than UPS (United Parcels Service). Unfortunately for me my HD200 was shipped by USPS International Priority which is handled in France by Chronopost the express mail part of La Poste. It then gets held by them at the port of entry while they contact you & get your agreement to pay the VAT & customs duty. If they don't have an email address then this means a snail mail letter sent to the delivery address. This all causes delay. If the package had been sent International Express then it is handled by the regular mail service who in my experience never collect any VAT or customs duty & also deliver directly. So the package arrives more quickly & you don't have to pay anything. Next time I must ask Sage to ship International Express & not International Priority.