SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Secondary Monitor (Automagically?)

I found an older thread that provided me with some batch file code (command line stuff) that now forces Placeshifter to start in full screen mode. Yay!

NOW - my other question is this: is there any way to force PS to start on my SECONDARY monitor instead of my primary? This is on my basement PC in my exercise room, and when I'm biking I want to be able to start Placeshifter on my TV instead of the PC's monitor.

I know I can move it over manually and then all is good, but I'd like to know if it can be done "automatically". Yah, I know... exercise - get up and do it. LOL - not the point.

If I can just fire it up and it's in the right spot, it will make the wife that much happier... and we all know how important that WAF is!

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
Gregg
Old 01-20-2009, 05:32 AM
Sage Expert

One option that will work (but may not be what you want) is to open Placeshifter in windowed mode, and simply stretch it to be near full-screen. It should open in the position it was last closed in.

The other option is to look and see if a utility like UltraMon will do what you want.

Good luck,
Stu

Last edited by sainswor99; 01-20-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Setting the window" doesn't work - when I moved it in position earlier
and then closed it, it doesn't remember... it opens back up on my primary.

I'll take a look at UltraMon and see it it solves my problem.... it looks good from their documentation.

Thanks
Gregg
Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Set the window...

Then minimize it to the taskbar.

Then right click on the taskbar and restore it... should go back up to last position and size...

Then close it.

Then re-open it, and it should be where you left it. But this varys with video card setups and so forth.

That works for me.

Peace,

Wirenut

Last edited by Wirenut; 01-21-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Clarification