SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

A Couple of Sage Web Server Questions...

Hey all, especially nielm,

I have re-setup the SageTV web server, and I am really liking the control features. I especially like that I can send something to the kids bedroom MVP without ever getting up from the computer. I have come up with some question though:

(1) Is there any way to list the MVP clients by another name other than the MAC address? If so, how? My wife would really like this since she can never remember which MVP is which.

(2) I can turn off an MVP via the web interface. I have noticed the MVP ethernet interface does not seem to go off when you turn the MVP off. Is it possible (knowing the address of the MVP) to turn on the MVP via the web interface? If so, how?

Thanks for the info,
Rob Hix
Old 01-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmmm, I can answer your first question, I don't have an MVP but I do use neilm's webserver.

Edit the extender.properties file in the the webserver folder that's in the SageTV folder. On mine it is c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver

Rick
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

To answer your second question, probably not. You're suppose to be able to turn off the MVPs via the web interface, but it has never worked for me. Maybe other people have better luck with it than I do though.

Edit: I misread your second question. Apparently you do have better luck with your MVP. I don't know of any way to turn on the MVP via the web interface. What are you trying to do? Use the web interface as a remote for the MVP?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dont know if you have seen this.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303455

Not sure if it works or not.. just found it while searching for your solution.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

I installed xammp and build a web interface for my entire house with a TCP connection to EventGhost. In this manner each MVP has it's on page and in addition to controlling the MVP you can control any device in that area.

It's really not that complicated to setup.

However you cannot boot an MVP you can send it the Home command twice and if it has a connection to the server it will wake and go to the main menu.