SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD200 smooth fast forward adjustment?

I didn't find anything but is there a way to adjust the smooth fast forward speeds of the HD200 like you could with nielm's smooth FF plugin for SageTV? I think 4x speed to 16x speed is kind of a drastic jump. It also doesn't seem to quite jump at a consistent speed. Whenever I am using 16x speed I seem to end up seeing most of a comercial before the show comes back and when it does come back I end half a minute into the show before I even see one frame from it. Not sure if this is a glitch right now or if it's just my perception. But it would be great if we had some adjustability in the steps in playback speed. 4X means a 3 minute comercial break takes 45 seconds. 16X means it takes just over 11, or to look at it another way it takes 15seconds to play a minute of comercials at 4x speed, but less than 4 seconds at 16x speed.

I also have had some trouble with smooth fastforwarding getting stuck and not being able to snap out of it within the last 5 minutes of shows and subsequently fastforwarding all the way to the end of the show.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Same issue

I am having the same issue. We're switching over from the extremely limited Cox DVRs to Sage. My wife can't stand the "smooth" fast forward and rewind (we view TV using a HD theater client). I don't mind using the skip ahead and skip back buttons, but I really want to make this work better for fear of losing my Sage TV budget (I still need another HD theater, another HD PVR, another Hauppauge 1600, and a USBUIRT!).

I looked through the sage.properties and my HD theater's client properties file real quick and didn't see anything that would let this be customized. I've thought of installing the STVi that is supposed to do this, but it appears to have not had any activity for over a year and am nervous that it won't work with the current version of Sage (I'm running 6.5.7.201). There also seems to be audio issues with that method.

Anybody out there with any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Sage User

One option appears to be mapping the remote's fast forward button to "play faster" instead of "smooth ff". This doesn't seem to change the relative quality of the fast forwarding much but it does break it down into steps of 2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Sage User

YES... The fast forward or rewind should be EASY & SMOOTH as glass... So you can clearly and easily see in a fluid motion where you are going... Also, the FF, including the skip FF, is not even consistent in the amount it JUMPS at each increment... With all the tweaking & testing & experimenting needed to get this Sage equipment up to speed it should be sold as an EXPERIMENTER KIT?... Perhaps it should be labeled "Sage HeathKit"... Nothing wrong with it being an Experiment Kit but it should be CLEARLY labeled as such...
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if this has been ironed out some in updates or if I just don't notice as much anymore because I had a friend help me set up comskip. I guess I don't use it much anymore with comskip, but I do kind of miss it.