SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lipsync issues on hdpvr files

I am having lipsync issues on hdpvr recorded files. My hdhr files play just fine. I am using the Arcsoft decoder for the aac and h264 decoders (in the properties file). I can't adjust the "Audio Playback Delay" setting, because it will fix the hdpvr files, but break the hdhr files. I have tried overlay, vmr9, and evr all with the same results.

I am running vista64 with a 8600GT. Playback is smooth, it just has the lipsync issue (about a 1/2 second off).
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal24 View Post
I am having lipsync issues on hdpvr recorded files. My hdhr files play just fine. I am using the Arcsoft decoder for the aac and h264 decoders (in the properties file). I can't adjust the "Audio Playback Delay" setting, because it will fix the hdpvr files, but break the hdhr files. I have tried overlay, vmr9, and evr all with the same results.

I am running vista64 with a 8600GT. Playback is smooth, it just has the lipsync issue (about a 1/2 second off).
What service and what model STB do you have connected to your HDPVR?
There is a known audio/video sync problem with Verizon FIOS service and series 6XXX STB's. It has been very hard to get Hauppauge to actively work to resolve this issue, although they now say that they are getting a Verizon setup for testing purposes. For what it's worth, Hauppauge says that the problem does not exist with Verizon FIOS service and the newer series 7XXX STB's but I, for one, have not had much luck getting Verizon to agree to replace my 6416 STB with the newer model in order to test this out.

Jerry
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is connected to a Dish Network 211 Receiver. The files play back fine in VLC. It is just within Sage that the lipsync problem occurs.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal24 View Post
It is connected to a Dish Network 211 Receiver. The files play back fine in VLC. It is just within Sage that the lipsync problem occurs.
Sounds like it may be a different problem. I don't have Dish Network so I can't be of any further assistance. However, you might want to check some of the previous threads since I seem to remember a message that one of the Dish Receivers had an audio problem similar to that of the Verizon STB's.

Jerry
Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can anyone tell me how to do this: Where is this setting?

Quote:
I have the AC3Filter sync adjusted by -180ms and it looks pretty good on the server. In terms of Arcsoft vs. others, I don't see that it particularly makes a difference in this case unless it actually affects sync on the HD100, which I'm not seeing. I don't have a problem with sync on the server since making the AC3filter adjustment.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually it is a 222 receiver. Can anyone that uses Dish and an HD-PVR successfully please post what receiver you have, what version of hdpvr, and how they are connected (optical or rca)? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

What is the Bell Expressvu equivalent to the 222? Dish and BEV share the same hardware with different model no's. I have a 2 6141 HD receiver's that have lip synch issues with HD content over optical SPDIF/Component. HDPVR rev. C2. "Fringe" seems to be the most noticable (damn cool show BTW). Using the HDR-200 for output.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

I do have a lipsync issue with HDPVR recordings. Sound is 1/2 second behind video. I'm using the HD200 connected to my receiver. Haven't been able to verify if I see it on my other tv configuration.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Not sure if it was a typo but I think the sound should be AC3. I found I had problems with the HDHR files for some shows with everything but the Cyberlink audio decoder. The HD-PVR has never had issues with sound sync on my Vista 64 setup but I really don't use it for haevy TV watching. Also: I have never had to edit the properties file for sound before just use the normal setting in the GUI.