SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

fusion hdtv5 lite qam problem

Hi,

I have previously used my hdtv5 lite for ota with sage and it worked. I tested qam cable over a year ago and it worked some what... but now I can not get sage to add this as a tuner.

I have my 3 hdtv5's on a network tuner sage. It worked fine with ota...

Now I can not get sage to tune anything in qam.

I tried using sage 6.48 and the beta 6.57

I tried the the steps in the following...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27008

But still no go... it will not tune even one channel. I checked with the installed fusion tv software, and the cards are all working, plenty of channels appear in the fusion software, but not on sage.

Help!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

update... I briefly checked the list of approved hd cards, saw that the hdtv 5 was on it... but when I went back it looks like it works in linux but not windows?

is that right? I cant imagine they could make it work in linux without being able to make it work in windows....

from the sage site..

Supported ClearQAM HDTV Tuners (requres SageTV V6.2 or later):

Mac
Silicon Dust HDHomeRun (native support, no driver install required)
Windows
AverMedia M780 (Windows Vista only)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1950
OnAir HDTV-GT
Silicon Dust HDHomeRun
Linux
Dvico FusionHDTV5 Lite
Dvico FusionHDTV3 Gold
Dvico FusionHDTV3 Gold-T
Dvico FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus
Silicon Dust HDHomeRun (native support, no driver install required)
Tuners that have a Linux kernel DVB driver should work, but not all tuners have been tested.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I have had a Fusion5 Lite working in SageTV for Windows in the past. I found it to be somewhat problematic due to driver support. It was one of the main catalysts for my switch to Linux.

B
Old 01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, I thought I had it working a year ago in a test system I had... but now nothing...

I contacted tech support but havent hear back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

HELP!!!

I got my response from sage tech support... the hdtv5 are not supported under windows, but they are under linux... unfortunately my sage server license is for windows, not linux and cant really spend the dough right nowto buy another license... I already have a ton of licenses I do not use.) I bought extras a while back when I had extra money to support sage)

I had these cards working a year ago with sage but they will not work now. Will it work with an older version?

Anyone, anyone anyone have these cards working with sage on windows?

They get great reception with Qam in their native fusiontv software... really want to use them with sage...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuilder View Post
I got my response from sage tech support... the hdtv5 are not supported under windows, but they are under linux... unfortunately my sage server license is for windows, not linux and cant really spend the dough right nowto buy another license... I already have a ton of licenses I do not use.) I bought extras a while back when I had extra money to support sage)

I had these cards working a year ago with sage but they will not work now. Will it work with an older version?

Anyone, anyone anyone have these cards working with sage on windows?

They get great reception with Qam in their native fusiontv software... really want to use them with sage...

It is NOT possible to use QAM on ANY software in Windows (meaning BTV or WMC) other than the Fusion software. The reason is that the drivers for the FusionLite came out when drivers for Windows could not natively support QAM. The only way around this was for Dvico to use some "trickeration" within their own software to enable this function of their card. Sage would have to incorporate the code used within the Fusion software to enable this within Sage (like Dvico is just going to give this code up right?). Now QAM is available within BDA drivers (in a general sense meaning companies can add this function to their drivers), but Dvico has not updated the drivers for this card since about 2005. The Linux drivers have support for QAM (not sure if this was Dvico's doing or if it was the Linux community).

I have this card and use it only for OTA capture of channels that are not available via clearQAM (such as some of the weather sub channels of my locals).
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your post, but I do not think thats entirely correct. I know Clear Qam works with GBPVR on windows... a free PVR windows application.

A for the drivers, I updated the drivers to the latest version.. and it just doesn't seem logical that other software programs in windows could tune the card but sage could not.

I am guessing it is just not a priority, which I can understand... but I am sure it is possible.

On the GBPVR site they mention a software called QAM.ini to list out all channels or frequencies.... Not sure if this could somehow work or help.

I bought 5 of these cards when they first came out because on the sage forums they talked about how they were great cards and you could tune in qam with them.. and that you better buy them now before the broadcast flag was put in the cards.

I tried them out, I thought I got them to work... at least one card installed. At the time sage had trouble with multiple cards.

Now multiple cards work fine with OTA, but I really want it to work with QAM.

Anyone know a manual way to input a new tuner? manually input channel frequencies?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

You can try to set /broadcast_standard=QAM on the tuner in the Sage.properties

B
Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vogelap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuilder View Post
I got my response from sage tech support... the hdtv5 are not supported under windows, but they are under linux...
I've got SageTV running under Windows, and a DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold in the machine.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelap View Post
I've got SageTV running under Windows, and a DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold in the machine.
Using QAM?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vogelap
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
Using QAM?
Not QAM, at least I don't think so!