SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

**Official** SageMC v6.3.8b pre-release 12 Bug Reports Thread

Please post all bug reports for pre-release 12 here so I don't miss them. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Please post all bug reports for pre-release 12 here so I don't miss them. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Just so it's officially in this thread, here's a link to a thread detailing an issue that I'm also experiencing with there being gaps in the list of shows when paging through the Recorded TV page...

Otherwise, I mentioned in the FanArt thread that the context-sensitive fanart still locks onto whatever fanart was last displaying when you disable the c.s. option until you restart the UI.

And anecdotally, my HD100 seems to be freezing more frequently these days, requiring a power off/on. But that might not have anything to do with pre-release 12.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Link to bug report in Dock main menu style.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39048
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Sage User

Various hangs

While I was using b12 I started to see many spinning circle hangs. It would happen most reliably when deleting recordings, but would happen fairly consistently with any prolonged interaction with the system. My client system was running SageTV 6.5.8 and SageMC 6.3.8b12 w/ automatic aspect ratio, TVInfo and MovieInfo screens. The SageTV server was running SageTV 6.4.8 and did not have SageMC installed.

I have rolled back to SageTV 6.4.8 and SageMC 6.3.8a w/ automatic aspect ratio and things seem to be stable now. Once I have verified stability over the next few days I'll try moving back to 6.3.8b12 and see if the stability continues.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

You should have installed 6.5.8 at the server and test with the client at the same version. ALso when yo have issues remove all plugins to see if they may be causing it. If you still have issues then the final step is to revert back to the default STV with no plugins and see if the issues still exist. Then if they do file a bug report.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

There's the issue I posted about here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39103

In short the Recorded TV list doesn't fill out properly. It sometimes misses one or two items at the top of each page. Arrowing down with the remote or keyboard makes the missing items appear.

There is also the issue of the alphabet jump not working under genre view.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
There's the issue I posted about here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39103

In short the Recorded TV list doesn't fill out properly. It sometimes misses one or two items at the top of each page. Arrowing down with the remote or keyboard makes the missing items appear.
This is the same issue I linked to in the second post of this thread, correct? Just want to try to not get Mike confused!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Just want to try to not get Mike confused!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Well, that backfired, huh? Taddeusz's post referenced the same bug that my post (#2 in this thread) referenced, so I was pointing that out so that you wouldn't spend time thinking you were chasing down two different bugs.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Well, that backfired, huh? Taddeusz's post referenced the same bug that my post (#2 in this thread) referenced, so I was pointing that out so that you wouldn't spend time thinking you were chasing down two different bugs.
Sorry, let me rephrase....

Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, yea, same one. I guess I should have read a little more thoroughly before I posted.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Another bug I've encountered that I've noticed is that SageMC seems to do DVD Profiler searches on songs. So I have a song called Disturbing Behavior by Robert Palmer. I also have the movie Disturbing Behavior. It ignores the tags from the song and lists it as being by Natassia Malthe. It's picking up information from the movie listing.

Another thing I've noticed that works correctly in the default STV is that if a song is part of a compilation the artist is always displayed as "by Various" instead of listing the real artist. It makes it a little difficult to find music that way.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Another bug I've encountered that I've noticed is that SageMC seems to do DVD Profiler searches on songs. So I have a song called Disturbing Behavior by Robert Palmer. I also have the movie Disturbing Behavior. It ignores the tags from the song and lists it as being by Natassia Malthe. It's picking up information from the movie listing.
+1
Old 02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Sage User

Has anyone experience this issue?

Sometimes when I am in the Recorded TV menu and/or Videos menu and hit the "left" key to go back to the previous screen it instead takes me to LiveTV. Now I understand if I had been in live TV and then went to one of those menus it would make sense but I almost never use LiveTV so I don't know what is causing it to think that that is where I want to go.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Sage Expert

The biggest bug I can think of is the possible memory leak being discussed below. I haven't tried out previous versions to see if the issue exists there as well but it's definitely in b12 for sure (the normal Sage UI doesn't have this issue).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39401
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Sage User

I'm seeing a lot of inconsistency in the drawing order of the icons, menus, focus graphic and nofocus graphic. To simplify what I am seeing I will use the following abreviations:

I = Icon
T = Text
F = Focus graphic
N = noFocus graphic

These are in order of what I am seeing as the drawing order. So, as an example, NIFT would mean that the noFocus graphic is drawn first and appears in the background, the Icon is drawn next and shows on top of the noFocus graphic, the Focus graphic is next and shows on top of the Icon, and finally the Text is drawn last and is in front of the Icon and Focus. For my purposes, this seems the most logical drawing order. Although consistency is more important that one persons preference.

I have a fresh install of the Client with a fresh install of MC 6.3.8a. To double check I also have an Extender running the same theme.

Main Menu - Default layout - Text Highlight is hp - FT
Main Menu - Icons/Folder view - Highlight is Icon_empty - NFIT
Main Menu - Icons/Main Menu - Highlight is main_menu - NFIT
Main Menu - Fixed Focus/Folder view - Highlight is Icon_empty - FNIT
Main Menu - Fixed Focus/Main menu - Highlight is main_menu - NFIT
Main Menu - Horiz Text - Highlight is menu_list - FT
Main Menu - Dock/Folder view - Highlight is Icon_empty - FNIT
Main Menu - Dock/Main Menu - Highlight is main_menu - NFIT

Options menu - Highlight is menu_list - FNT
Options menu for Customize Screen Layout is all FNT except the Close button which is NFT
Main Menu Options - Highlight is list_sub on left and right - FNT
My TV - Highlight is menu_list on left - list_sub on right - FNT
Video_Title is drawn FT
My Videos - Genre - Highlight is Icon_empty - FNIT
My Videos - Groups/Folder View - Highlight is Icon_empty - FIT
My Videos - Groups/List View - Highlight is list_sub - NFIT
My Videos - File System/Folder View - Highlight is Icon_empty - NFIT for Folders FNIT for Files
My Videos - File System/List View - Highlight is list_sub - FNIT

These are the main screens that I use - I'm not sure about other screens.
My Videos -
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

It seems that SageMC has the same or similar issue with unicode music tags that the default STV had, which was fixed during the beta cycle. I had updated my music and did a media scan. All the songs that had unicode characters in the tags came up bad. I scanned with the default STV and they are all fine.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Sage User

I'm not sure if this was seen or not, but I'm having issues with music art as described in this post.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38951
Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage User

Two Apparent Bugs - Photo Viewer and Weather Maps

1) My Pictures screen, I have it tied to a directory with about 50 folders in it representing years when the photo was taken. It seems at that same level, many hundred, if not thousands, if not all of the photos existing in the underlying folders are also up at the folder level themselves as thumbnails. So instead of scrolling through 50 folders to get to the one I want, there are also all, or a subset of all the pictures in the folders there as well. Changing the viewing mode doesn't do anything. I have 16,000+ pictures, so it makes it a nightmare.

2) In one of the weather map entries, I tried to copy and paste a URL, and it got to where the entry field was half filled up with vertical rectangles, apparently representing characters that it couldn't show? These could not be deleted in any way I could figure out, so I basically have a dead link on one of the map entries.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortopassi View Post
1) My Pictures screen, I have it tied to a directory with about 50 folders in it representing years when the photo was taken. It seems at that same level, many hundred, if not thousands, if not all of the photos existing in the underlying folders are also up at the folder level themselves as thumbnails. So instead of scrolling through 50 folders to get to the one I want, there are also all, or a subset of all the pictures in the folders there as well. Changing the viewing mode doesn't do anything. I have 16,000+ pictures, so it makes it a nightmare.
That sounds like the same bug we've been trying to figure out in this thread. If so, it's been around for a long time and doesn't even appear to be MC related.