SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Sage User

Thanks to the Sage Community....

About a year and a half ago, I realized I needed to replace my aging Toshiba hard drive recorders. Stumbling around the web, I discovered the Sage Tv forums, and started planning my home built PVR.

With the information and expertise from this Community, I was able learn how to build a PC from scratch, buy the correct tuner card, then tweak and tweak and make Sage TV run pretty well.

For Christmas I bought an HD-200, and that purchase has completed my master plan. Its been running without a hitch now, in exactly the way I imagined it, for about two weeks.

I could not have done this without the help of this Community, and I wanted to say thanks. This weekend I'm taking my laptop to a Super Bowl party, and plan to Placeshift the game from there!!!http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/imag.../boldlblue.gif
Old 01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomas745 View Post
With the information and expertise from this Community, I was able learn how to build a PC from scratch, buy the correct tuner card, then tweak and tweak and make Sage TV run pretty well.

I could not have done this without the help of this Community, and I wanted to say thanks.
The best community on the internet.
Quote:
This weekend I'm taking my laptop to a Super Bowl party, and plan to Placeshift the game from there!!!
You can also placeshift with the HD-200, and connect it to a TV there.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

totally agree - I love the SageTV community. My many posts requesting help have been given amazingly accurate and helpful responses from the community including Andy (yes Opus) and even the boss of SageTV. The community is a huge part of the "awesome" in SageTV in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Sage User

My Dreams Also Came True..

It all started with Captain Kangaroo on a big, B/W T.V., the radio and vinyl. Then came the 8-Track and Cassette tape, Beta and VHS, the PC, CD, DVD, Internet and DVR. Well, a few years ago, I envisioned a desktop of sorts, where I could do all my computing chores, while simultaneously enjoying my choice(s) from any available media source, in real-time or shifted.. And Sage TV provided the missing piece of the puzzle. Now nothing is beyong my control! A big, cushy couch, wireless mouse and keyboard, and flat-panel monitor. I love sharing this with the world. They don't know what they're missing.