SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Second HDHomeRun Device (3rd & 4th tuners) not showing up

Need some assistance with the 2nd HDHR I just purchased. I have my first HDHR set up with 2 tuners working fine on SageTV. Now I've added a second HDHR for the 3rd and 4th tuners. HDHomeRun Setup sees all 4 tuners and has all of them listed as Digital Cable.

But when I try to add them in SageTV: Setup Video Sources>Add New Source
It only lists the first two tuners from my first HDHomeRun and not the second two tuners from the new one.

Am I missing a step? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Check sage.properties to make sure it isn't listed on the mmc/ignore_encoders line. If it is, remove the line & restart. And, have you restarted SageTV anyway?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Check sage.properties to make sure it isn't listed on the mmc/ignore_encoders line. If it is, remove the line & restart.
Code:
mmc/ignore_encoders=Realtek HD Digital input|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture|Realtek HD Audio Input|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture 2|
mmc/last_encoder_name=Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 101012C3-1
It wasn't listed in the ignore encoders line, but I did see a strange entry in "last encoder name". What does that last encoder name do? The HDHR 1010123c3-1 is from the first HDHR tuner

Quote:
And, have you restarted SageTV anyway?
- Andy
Yes, I restarted several times just in case

Thanks for you help Andy!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Administrator

That was my best guess.

Off the wall ramblings... That's the correct sage.properties file? (If running Vista: VirtualStore location vs. SageTV install dir?) Is the 2nd HDHR on a different part of your network & SageTV isn't seeing it? Does the debug log say anything about it?

If no one else has run into this, then check with support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.