SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage Expert

Limit recordings of shows

Got a quick question...

I setup a favorite for "Sponge Bob" in sage and I set it to only keep 5 recordings. I thought that would mean it records 5 and then won't record any more until I delete one. I'm thinking that since I have auto-delete turned on, it will just delete one of the current records and put a new one on.

The question is, if I turn off auto-delete, will it behave as I wanted (stop at 5 recordings and then make me delete one to record another)?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
The question is, if I turn off auto-delete, will it behave as I wanted (stop at 5 recordings and then make me delete one to record another)?
Yes, as described on pages 69 & 70 of the v6.5 PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks Andy.....for saving me some time looking that up.

So, I'm curious....did you know the page numbers by memory, or did you actualyl have to look it up . I'm sure you must know most if not all of that document because of people like me....

-Brian
Old 02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
So, I'm curious....did you know the page numbers by memory, or did you actualyl have to look it up .
Having written the manual, it is easy for me to find things... open the PDF, in the Bookmarks frame, expand Chapter 3's "The SageTV Menus" section, select "Favorite Details", note page numbers for options in question, close Adobe Reader.

I tend not to copy text from the manual & paste it to the forum because that discourages people from checking out the PDF themselves in the future.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Expert

You are the man.... seriously.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Having written the manual, it is easy for me to find things... open the PDF, in the Bookmarks frame, expand Chapter 3's "The SageTV Menus" section, select "Favorite Details", note page numbers for options in question, close Adobe Reader.

- Andy
Andy

A question about the manual, what editor are you using to make bookmarks?
and
what program are you using to create the pdf file that maintains those bookmarks?

Thanks
Scat