SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage User

HD200 Freezes, HD content stutters

I will preface this with I am a long time Sage user (all the way back to Sage 2.0). As far as my skills I think it fair to say I am very good at driving the road others have paved.

I have recently acquired a HD PVR and the HD200. My server is installed in NH. I am using it over broadband with Placeshifter on a MacBook Pro and using my HD200. (so glad this finally works! but of course i had to go and buy the HD200 so I can watch on a big tv away from home)

I have fallen victim to the most horrid of diagnostic circumstances. I have added way too much tech way too fast and so dont even know what is wrong now.

Server: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ with 1Gb ram running XP home. Sage 6.5.9 server. Using Arcsoft drivers for TS content. Settings:
Video renderer: Overlay
MPEG2 Video Decoder: Arcsoft Video Decoder
MPEG4 Playback: SageTVPlayer
Dscaler Deinterlacing Filter: Disabled

What works:
All local clients running client on XP and Vista machines.
Macbook pro running placeshifter now works fine using ver 6.5.9.
Media MVP running locally.

What does not work well:
HD200 freezes playing SD content sometimes. It will also reboots at times. (using this in VA connecting to server in NH)
HD200 plays HD content but stutters on playback. If I pause it for a few minutes, it will play for a few minutes fine, then go back to stuttering.

I have enjoyed using this for so many years I hate to just abandon my investment and move to a TIVO or one of the off the shelf type boxes but its getting to an unusable situation.

I hope someone can at least point me to some suggestions. I know I have left off some items here as far as configuration so just let me know. I barely understood the settings back under old Sage 2, 3 and 4. But by reading on here i was able to glean enough to keep things working and working well. I am now in over my head as there are just too many variables that I dont understand (which pertain to standard video vs HD and which dont really matter much).

Thanks much for all you who have put so much content on this site for so many years to keep me going. :-)

Last edited by Overclockme; 02-17-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi.

What version of firmware are you using on your HD200? The issues you describe sound somewhat similar to what I was seeing with the Feb 09, 2009 beta firmware release. Sage's beta releases are usually pretty solid, but this one had some pretty basic issues, at least for me. If you use the latest release version instead of the beta version things might work out for you.

Here is another thread on the issue:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39527

I hope it is as simple as that

Kent
Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Sage User

I wish it was that simple too.... I am using firmware 20081230 0
I have not let the system upgrade to anything other than standard release firmware.