SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Sage User

Angry Help... missing channel!

Okay, I'm about to tear out what little hair I have left. After 3 weeks of trying to get my HD-PVR added to my system, I finally have it playing nice with my ATI HDTV card, and my HVR-1600.... However....

In my guide data, no matter what I do I can't get channel 7 (ABC) to show up. When I go to channel setup for either the ATI or the 1600, the channel shows, and is enabled. When I view it from the channel setup, it's just fine, with good signal strength, etc. However, when I go to the guide data, it won't show. It only displays the two sub channels for ABC, but not the main one. (I am using the Digital choice for the guide setup)

I have the local channels disabled for the HD-PVR, and enabled for the two other cards.

I have tried forcing several guide updates, and have removed the sources then added them several times, all to no avail. I have even tried enabling it for the HD-PVR, but still no go. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Hardware, ATI HDTV, ATI 9550, all digital all the time
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator

If it is enabled in Channel Setup and you have no customizations installed that prevent it from being shown, it should be on the Program Guide somewhere; try sorting by channel name.

In the v6.5 PDF manual, see the note about merging channels from multiple lineups starting on the bottom of p. 47.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Sage User

Thanks, that solved it

As usual, your "Sage" advice helped me solve the problem! (Pun intended!)

It had been awhile since I had to mess with the guide data, and I made some bad assumptions. (Aren't all assumptions bad?

First, I assumed that the guide would use my merit settings for picking which enabled selection on which card would be considered active... ie., my ATI has the priority over the other cards, so I ASSuMEd active channels there would show up first.

Second, I also assumed that the DirecTV listings for my area would only have 1 channel, so if I disabled it on the HD-PVR, it wouldn't conflict.

Wrong on both counts. DirecTV actually had 4 separate channels for KABC-DT, so that was the problem. Your advice to sort by name got me there.

Thanks again, and I'm Feline much better...

Tander

Old 02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Sage Expert

Hmm strange, I'm having a very similar problem. . .

I just installed and HDHR, along with my HD-PVR. The channels for the HDHR are just basic cable Clear QAM channels, and seem to work just fine. HD-PVR is hooked up to a DirecTV STB, with DirecTV guide data.

But when I go to the EPG, I noticed that KPBS on channel 15 is missing. . .
KPBS is channel 15 on DirecTV, but maps to channel 36 for Clear QAM.

KPBS on Chanel 36 is there, but channel 15 does not. . .

Is there a way I can figure out if SageTV has some how merged the listing into 1 channel?

And is there a way when recording that I can force a particular source?

Basically I use the HDHR to record on local channels, and the the HDPVR for everything else. . .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsean View Post
Hmm strange, I'm having a very similar problem. . .

I just installed and HDHR, along with my HD-PVR. The channels for the HDHR are just basic cable Clear QAM channels, and seem to work just fine. HD-PVR is hooked up to a DirecTV STB, with DirecTV guide data.

But when I go to the EPG, I noticed that KPBS on channel 15 is missing. . .
KPBS is channel 15 on DirecTV, but maps to channel 36 for Clear QAM.

KPBS on Chanel 36 is there, but channel 15 does not. . .

Is there a way I can figure out if SageTV has some how merged the listing into 1 channel?

And is there a way when recording that I can force a particular source?

Basically I use the HDHR to record on local channels, and the the HDPVR for everything else. . .
Here is how I fixed it:

Go to the tuner setup, and on the HD-PVR, choose channel setup, then sort the channels by name. It's important to use the name and not the number... because it is VERY likely DirecTV has several entries for your KPBS...

Disable each one showing for the PVR, then do a finish setup...

Then go back to the HDHR channel setup, and toggle a channel back and forth to cause a re-load. (Make sure your KPBS is enable there)

That should do it.... (Don't forget to go back and change sorting back to number)

The problem is the DirecTV listing seems to take priority... but this will fix it.

Tander

Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage Expert

What to you mean by:

>>Then go back to the HDHR channel setup, and toggle a channel back and forth to cause a re-load. (Make sure your KPBS is enable there)

Specifically "toggle a channel back and forth"? Do you mean disable it and then re-enable it? or do you mean view it?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Sage User

By disabling, then renabling it, you cause a re-load of the EPG data. By toggling, I just meant clicking on it twice... the first time will disable it, the second time will start it again.