SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

WHS with HDHR Tuner

I am switching to WHS and I have HDHR tuner. I take it I must install HDHR softare on WHS. Is there I special verison? How do I do the install? Thanks for any help.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

I am running on Release 20081231 with SageTV_V6_5_7Setup-WHS.msi

Very stable with no issues. The setup was no different than on the prior XP box. Just install scan and then run the SageTV tuner config.

There are slightly newer releases of both Sage and HDHR now but it is running to well to touch it right now.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried "hdhomerun_windows_20090215" with no luck. I got somekind of error about a firewall. Do you just download the app to the homeserver and than just open it?

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I am running on Release 20081231 with SageTV_V6_5_7Setup-WHS.msi

Very stable with no issues. The setup was no different than on the prior XP box. Just install scan and then run the SageTV tuner config.

There are slightly newer releases of both Sage and HDHR now but it is running to well to touch it right now.
I suggest you avoid the newest release, it caused reception problems for me and I had to revert to 20081231 firmware.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

It has been awhile but I think I may have disabled the firewall during the install. It is on now and there are entries for the HDHR which I know I did not add. I would just turn it off for the install if that is the message you are getting. The security setting are pretty tight on WHS. I had to install Firefox just to be able to download drivers.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do you do the set-up? I downloaded the files to the add-in folder then open to install? This no longer seems to work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB View Post
How do you do the set-up? I downloaded the files to the add-in folder then open to install? This no longer seems to work for me. Am I doing something wrong?

DRB
You'll need to remote into your WHS instead of using the WHS console. You can't setup the HDHR via the console anyway.
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You'll need to remote into your WHS instead of using the WHS console. You can't setup the HDHR via the console anyway
OK, but can I use the "Advanced Admin Console" add-in?

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
OK, but can I use the "Advanced Admin Console" add-in?

DRB
Not sure what you expect to accomplish using that add-in? Do you not have an XP Pro machine that you can use to run Remote Desktop Connection? You'll need to be able to interact with the HDHR Gui via the server's desktop.
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

"Advanced Admin Console" was an add-in that allowed you to do many things that previously were only capable of being done by RDC.

I have XP Pro that I can remote to, but I can only remote when i am off the network so if the "Advanced Admin Console" add-in would work that would be better for me.

So how do I do it via rdc, or can you point me to a guide. Thanks

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV

Last edited by DRB; 02-22-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

DRB
HDHR is not an add-in. Download it to any folder on WHS and just run it. If you are using the WIndows firewall it should open up the appropriate ports. If you're running some other firewall disable until after the install and find out what ports need to be opened. Check the SIliconDust instruction or forum. And RDP in to run the install. It's installed like any other WIndows app. Login as the same user that is running SageTV on you WHS server. (SageTV .msi goes in the add-in folder and installs like any other WHS add-in from any WHS console or RDP into the server and run the console.) You'll also be better off reading the SageTV manual and searching the SiliconDust forums for install instructions for HDHR.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
HDHR is not an add-in. Download it to any folder on WHS and just run it
I realize this is not an add-on, but I used the Add-On folder because it is, or I thought it was a folder in WHS.

Quote:
Check the SIliconDust instruction or forum
Quote:
You'll also be better off reading the SageTV manual and searching the SiliconDust forums for install instructions for HDHR.
Could not find any info on WHS on the Silcon Dust forums and I posted a question on the issuse which was not answered yet. As for checking the Sage manaul, that I didn't do, I felt that WHS with the HDHR tuner would not be covered, I still haven't check so maybe it is.

Anyway in case anyone is interested here is the almost easy way I got the HDHR tuners to show in WHS for SageTV.

First you need the "Advanced Admin Console" add-in for WHS, here is link
http://forum.wegotserved.com/index.p...ds&showfile=19

Then download the HDHR software https://www.silicondust.com/downloads

I downloaded it to software/add-ins on WHS, now from there I seemed to have a little trouble, the program seem to only want to install on my C drive of my XP computer, it's a shared folder so maybe that why the problem. Anyway I just connected to WHS then went to Advance Admin tab, then went to the My Computer tab then browsed till I got to the downloaded program in the add-in folder, copied it and pasted in C drive of WHS, then open [got some error message and it wouldn't open] so then I right clicked it went to protries and there was something at the bottom of the dialog box that you had to check or uncheck to run the program. Then I browsed to program files and click on programs /SilconDust to the.exe file , click on that and everthing installed.

The only problem I now have is that my program guide is not filling with data, would anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

I am glad you got it working but it sure sounds a lot more complicated then mine was. I just used the remote desktop and logged in as the admin and installed it just like I would if I was using XP.

The guide may take awhile if it does not find the stations and exactly match them with something from Zapit. It will eventually download about a days worth from the OTA stream. I found that since the local cable companies carry the QAM equivalents I can use the EPG data from them. I use them as my source and then do a scan from the HDHR. I then go in after that and remap them to their cable equivalents. Remapping can be confusing but it works very well.