SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

How does one extract the "BDMV" folder? Is AnyDVD necessary or are there other options? It would be nice for the "managed copy" we heard about before to actually arrive so I don't have to feel "dirty" when ripping a disc that I own to my hard drive...
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
How does one extract the "BDMV" folder? Is AnyDVD necessary or are there other options? It would be nice for the "managed copy" we heard about before to actually arrive so I don't have to feel "dirty" when ripping a disc that I own to my hard drive...
TSMuxer (with any dvd hd software loaded) lets you mux just the tracks you want into a BD folder structure.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

How would one do it without renting anydvd hd?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
How would one do it without renting anydvd hd?
There is no way that I know of to do without it.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

I know AACS has been defeated. Anydvd HD might be the easiest and the only commercial SW that does it but there are other ways. I'm just reluctant to go into any details although a proper yahoo seach would find what I found too.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

I just created a BDMV folder (TSMuxer) on my SageTV server for "A Bridge Too Far" and the HD-200 recognized it as a DVD and plays it just fine. Need a new icon for BDMVs to show difference from SD DVD if no cover art exists. I'm using the SageTV beta 6.5.11 on my Sage server & clients now. Nice job so far Sage.

EDIT: Cover art works if folder.jpg is in the BDMV folder.

EDIT 2: Loaded previously muxed The 6th Day.m2ts into TSMuxer, selected Blu-ray disc as the output, muxed to a folder named The 6th Day, saved cover art into the folder The 6th Day\BDMV as folder.mpg and voila - I have it as a movie in Media Center > Movies. Plays like a champ on the HD-200. On the clients I can just drill down to the streams folder and play the 00001.m2ts file. Took < 15 minutes to do the remux.

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 02-25-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe I'm missing something here but what is the advantage to having it be in a bluray folder as opposed to a m2ts file?

Before:
eac3to to join/extract the streams(h264/AC3) and tsmuxer to mux them back to a m2ts file.

With latest beta releases (Firmware 20090225 0, V6.5.11):
eac3to to join/extract the streams(h264/AC3) and tsmuxer to mux them back to a BDMV bluray structure.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here but what is the advantage to having it be in a bluray folder as opposed to a m2ts file?
Not sure there will be an advantage for everyone. Just that SageTV is beginning to treat Blu-ray movies like Blu-ray movies: cover art, chapters etc. And you can now play the Blu-ray disc (unlocked) directly on the HD-200.

I was just testing the folder structure out to see with some of the movies I've already processed whether it would require starting over or not.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
Chapters, and I'm guessing it should make the remuxing unnecessary, I have yet to try it with some seamless branching movie though.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Definitely looks like sage is getting closer... they keep this up and i'll have to drop the money on an HD200. problem now, is that my client plays Blu-Ray just fine (just have to switch to PowerDVD), and with full menus and all. Definitely want the extender for better R5000 Dish playback though... so frustrating that I can't really have both good blu-ray playback in sage, AND good R5000 support.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Am I correct in what I read, with the new beta if we put the muxed files into a BDMV folder we will get chapter support, audio selection and can add folder art.

Or does it make sense just to throw the m2ts files as found on the disc into the BDMV folder, those we want to keep that is. Then again I don't need language and subtitles for languages I don't speak or read

2xhd300
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toony View Post
Am I correct in what I read, with the new beta if we put the muxed files into a BDMV folder we will get chapter support, audio selection and can add folder art.
You are correct. The chapter support is limited at this time to jumping to next chapter (as far as I can tell).

This is a big step forward for those of us with Blu-ray drives, even if limited right now.

In TSMuxer just select Blu-ray instead of TS or m2ts for output.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Expert

I tried playing "Planet Earth" last night and SageTV did not correctly identify the main movie. This is understandable as Planet Earth has multiple episodes per disc. But it just played the static background image that you get in the disc navigator... I will try other discs when I get home. I already have myentire BD library archived to hard disc, but the option to play them through the disc would be great for the occasional rental or when I just purchase a movie and want to watch it right away without ripping.
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
You are correct. The chapter support is limited at this time to jumping to next chapter (as far as I can tell).

This is a big step forward for those of us with Blu-ray drives, even if limited right now.

In TSMuxer just select Blu-ray instead of TS or m2ts for output.
Sounds good, I will give that a try this weekend.

2xhd300
Old 02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clift View Post
I tried playing "Planet Earth" last night and SageTV did not correctly identify the main movie. This is understandable as Planet Earth has multiple episodes per disc.
Make sure you submit a bug report on that, I bet your right about multiple episodes that are about the same length being the issue.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

I am considering getting a Blu-ray drive but don't want to spend even more on AnyDVD. Has anyone tried using DVDFab? It sounds like it will work but will this result in a folder structure that I need? Thanks.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Make sure you submit a bug report on that, I bet your right about multiple episodes that are about the same length being the issue.
Yeah, I'll do that. I tried Pirates of the Caribbean 3 last night and it worked great. The option to switch the audio track is really great for me cause I can't always fire up the surround receiver, especially if the baby is sleeping.
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 02-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
HawgGuy has this one absolutely correct. You set up the blu-ray drive on the Sage server as a shared drive, browse to the drive and to the subfolder containing the m2ts files, pick one and play.

For movies with seamless branching (multi m2ts files used to build the movie) you would have to play each seperately. Like if you were to go to the DVD video_ts folder and play each vob file seperately).

You need any dvd hd software loaded and resident. But no copying is required.
I have any DVD HD running and am able to rip a blu-ray DVD to my HD. But I can't browse the blu-ray drive. I get a message when I click on the drive letter that says the disk is unreadable or may not be compatible with windows. Is this normal? I also can't seem to get the drive to be imported by Sage even though I can get a regular DVD-rom drive to be imported. I've shared the drive.

I just got the BR drive so I'm just starting out with this but kind of confused. I only have one movie at the moment so I'll have to get some more to try those. I'm trying Madagascar 2 for now. I've imported the ripped folder structure but when I try to play it in Sage on my HD200 it just brings up the DVD navigation background movie which loops over and over (for 5 hours).. I can navigate to the biggest m2ts file and play that which works though.

I'm using the latest beta and firmware...
Old 02-28-2009, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Blu-ray uses UDF (2.5?) file system, Windows doesn't ship with a driver for that (at least not XP, not sure about Vista), so you need to install a driver to be able to access the drive directly.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
I have any DVD HD running and am able to rip a blu-ray DVD to my HD. But I can't browse the blu-ray drive. I get a message when I click on the drive letter that says the disk is unreadable or may not be compatible with windows. Is this normal? I also can't seem to get the drive to be imported by Sage even though I can get a regular DVD-rom drive to be imported. I've shared the drive. I just got the BR drive so I'm just starting out with this but kind of confused.
Are you running Vista or XP? My Movies server is Vista. Did you load the drivers that came with the BD drive so Windows knows it is BD capable?

Quote:
I only have one movie at the moment so I'll have to get some more to try those. I'm trying Madagascar 2 for now. I've imported the ripped folder structure but when I try to play it in Sage on my HD200 it just brings up the DVD navigation background movie which loops over and over (for 5 hours).. I can navigate to the biggest m2ts file and play that which works though.
The primary audio track can confuse playback if it's LPCM. Movies with seamless branching do confuse playback. I don't know if that's your issue, but you should try another disc.

The "disk is unreadable or may not be compatible with windows" message bothers me the most. When I go to start, my computer my BD Drive shows the movie title of the inserted disc and I can explore the disc and see the folders and files whether any dvd hd is loaded or not.

Did you install the BD playback software that came with the drive and does that work?

EDIT: stanger89 is right and I think if you install the player drivers/software for the BD the UDF 2.5 gets installed at the same time if it's not present already.

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 02-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.