SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage Expert

I am hoping for it as well. However, I would think they will have to deal with some kind of licensing of TruHD and DTS-MA.

I did end up buyign a Popcorn Hour A-110 in January, so I'm covered either way. I would like to see everything get decoded to LPCM .

-Brian
Old 03-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I ran into some issues last night, nothing big. After having success ripping the Shining without any muxing and playing fine, I ripped the Godfather trilogy and Righteous Kill without any muxxing and none would play. Then I used tsmuxxergui to a Bluray and still nothing, so I copied the m2ts file out of that and into a regular storage folder and it played fine. Wonder if this beta has issues with Pacino? LOL

2xhd300
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by toony View Post
I ran into some issues last night, nothing big. After having success ripping the Shining without any muxing and playing fine, I ripped the Godfather trilogy and Righteous Kill without any muxxing and none would play. Then I used tsmuxxergui to a Bluray and still nothing, so I copied the m2ts file out of that and into a regular storage folder and it played fine. Wonder if this beta has issues with Pacino? LOL
Send a bug report to SageTv tech support. I did that when my Planet Earth rip wouldn't play, and they had me send them a log file. The next day (or was it later that day?) I got a .jar file that I updated on the Server and the BD rip, as well as the actual disc play fine on the HD200.
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Sage Icon

I finally got my Blu-ray drive and unfortunately it appears the free DVDFab HD Decryptor is not complete and not compatible with my drive. I also could not try the new Beta with the "Blu-ray option" because my trial expired.

In any case, I just did my first rip with AnyDVD HD and it took ~55 minutes for Pearl Harbor (~44GB). This is pretty big but I was wondering if this kind of ripping time is to be expected? It is not doing any alteration of the video or anything, right?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Sage Expert

I would suggest that you check the firmware revision on your drive and make sure it's the latest. I would also get a program like tsmuxer and bdinfo to grab ONLY the audio tracks you want along with the main movie only.

Ripping 44GB s in 55 minutes is not bad. I can usually get 13MB/s on my drive. That's 780MB/minute and 46.8GB/hour. So, your speed seems fine.

Ok, now for the size.....any movie I've ever ripped end up between 18GB and 35GB. Depends on the sound track and more importantly the quality of the transfer.

-Brian
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clift View Post
Send a bug report to SageTv tech support. I did that when my Planet Earth rip wouldn't play, and they had me send them a log file. The next day (or was it later that day?) I got a .jar file that I updated on the Server and the BD rip, as well as the actual disc play fine on the HD200.
Cool, just sent a request... fingers crossed.

2xhd300
Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550 View Post
I would suggest that you check the firmware revision on your drive and make sure it's the latest. I would also get a program like tsmuxer and bdinfo to grab ONLY the audio tracks you want along with the main movie only.
Thanks, I will probably do that once they get multi-channel PCM, etc. working.

I just got my HD200 and it plays the rip fine from the hard drive but I get random stuttering when trying to play a disc from the BD drive itself. I have an LG SATA drive with the latest firmware and Gigabit networking. Is there some setting for the drive somewhere that I should check?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Sage Expert

I would do some gigabit network testing with iperf. Look at the different settings for your NIC. You can't do anything about the HD200, but the computer NIC may need to be tweaked.

I've never tried playing directly from a disc over the network. Good Luck...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the BD drive and not the network. I just watched the hard drive rip on the HD200 from the same PC that was recording 2 shows from the HDHR (over the network) and it was still solid.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, I spoke too soon. I ripped the disc that was in the drive and I get stutters when playing from the hard drive too. Strange thing is that they always happen at the exact same spot in the movie regardless of network traffic which leads me to believe it is not a network problem (I tried it with 3 programs recording from the HDHR and it is no worse than with no network traffic). The movie I am having the problems with is Ratatouille but I have noticed (far fewer) stutters with Pearl Harbor too. Maybe it is a Beta "kink" that will get worked out...
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Ok, I spoke too soon. I ripped the disc that was in the drive and I get stutters when playing from the hard drive too. Strange thing is that they always happen at the exact same spot in the movie regardless of network traffic which leads me to believe it is not a network problem (I tried it with 3 programs recording from the HDHR and it is no worse than with no network traffic). The movie I am having the problems with is Ratatouille but I have noticed (far fewer) stutters with Pearl Harbor too. Maybe it is a Beta "kink" that will get worked out...
I decided to give Ratatouille a try. My ADHD rip and my mux to BDMV both played in Media Extender mode and I didn't get any stuttering/hesitation. The single m2ts file from the mux played fine in Media Player mode as well.

So I'm not sure what your issue is.

I did discover that tsMuxeR 1.8.19b (and maybe 1.8.18b) has glitches and wouldn't mux Rat at all. I had to go back to my tsMuxeR 1.8.4b version to get the mux to work. There's an AC3 track so that was OK for now. (There is a new version 1.8.24b that I'll try later)
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I've read through this thread (I promise - I did) and am curious about something:

Can one put a blu-ray disc in the blu-ray player drive on the server, share that drive on the network, have SlySoft running on that same server and then from your HD Theater play that movie?

Is this possible yet? If not, what is limiting this thus far? Sorry if this has already been explained and answered - I'm needing the blu-ray on HD200 for dummies version
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
So I'm not sure what your issue is.
I'm not sure either but I did report this as a bug and they said they're pretty sure it was fixed for the next update.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Can one put a blu-ray disc in the blu-ray player drive on the server, share that drive on the network, have SlySoft running on that same server and then from your HD Theater play that movie?
Yes! This could possibly allow me to get rid of my stand-alone Blu-ray player but I'm not sure yet if I want to spend more money on this software than I did on Sage software (and from a company named "Slysoft" makes me a little uneasy too ).
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
cncb is right 100% for Media Extender mode. However, I only get about 95% in Media Player mode.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've read through this thread (I promise - I did) and am curious about something:

Is this possible yet? If not, what is limiting this thus far? Sorry if this has already been explained and answered - I'm needing the blu-ray on HD200 for dummies version
Yes I've only tried a couple BD discs and have had good luck with a couple but occasional skipping on others.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

That's what I suspected. So I guess I'll be falling into that gadget acquiring mode again. Gotta find a worthy Blu-Ray burner for the HTPC server now.

I have SlySoft - purchased it at the end of 2008 when they had that special discount/deal going. Sure glad I did that.

Thanks for the info guys. And thanks to the SageTV folks for making this possible!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

Before I sink serious money into the software, does anyone know the viability of Slysoft down the road? I am pretty surprised they haven't been shut down already...
Old 03-11-2009, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Before I sink serious money into the software, does anyone know the viability of Slysoft down the road? I am pretty surprised they haven't been shut down already...
First version of AnyDVD shipped July 3, 2003. First version of AnyDVD HD shipped around Feb 20, 2007 with support for HD-DVD and Bluray support to follow shortly there after. Their company is located on the island of Antigua and for the most part out of the jurisdiction of companies that would be interested in not having the product exist.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

AnyDVD HD @ 20% off