SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage User

HD200, HE-AAC audio and 6.5.11 - still not properly supported?

6.5.11 Beta release notes states for extender:
"5. HE-AAC audio should now be properly supported (firmware update required)"

In standalone mode this is true, I tested this with a HD200 and the new beta firmware - used a clip from New Zealand (they seem to have the same DVB-T challenge as us Norwegians) that I found on this forum. Great video quality, and finally also with sound!

But - SageTV is still not quite there since this only works in standalone mode. When the HD200 connects as a client (server: WHS, SageTV 6.5.11) the same clip has jerky video, and no sound at all. That's my experience, anyway. Anyone else who has got this working?

I'm really looking forward to this issue beeing solved so I can finally replace the Hauppauge PVR500 with a couple of FloppyDTVs.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Sage

You probably just need a reindex on your server. Set this property while SageTV is not running:

force_full_content_reindex=true

Then when it runs again it should redetect all the formats. If it doesn't work for some reason; please submit a bug report. http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

If you're using an MPEG2-PS container; that has a bug in it still in the beta firmware; but we fixed that yesterday so the next beta firmware will have that in it as well.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage User

Thanks, that solved the problem!