SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Clarification on proper way to import new version of STVi

I am just slightly confused on what to do when a new plugin version comes out and I want to try it. It usually comes with a statement like (this one from Ben):

"As usual make sure you BACKUP first and install as you normally would but not over a previous install of the import."

Does this simply mean that I go back and "Load STV" and pick sageMC_6_3_8b_11 and then import all the STVi's again that I want, including the new version of some plugin? Or, do I have to roll back to a copy of my sage folder where I never even installed the old version of the plugin?

For example, I want to roll from Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0d to Advanced_Movie_Info_Screen_V.2.0a_01. (

Also, my import STVi file is now filled up with obsolete things like sageMC_169-#.xml (where # varies from 1 to 15). This can get a bit confusing on which one to pick for all of my extenders. How do I remove all these old obsolete (either STVs or STVi's) that I no longer want around.

-R
QTY 2 dual-core AMD 3.0GHz Opteron processors, Windows 7 Pro, 4G RAM, 500GByte system drive, 3TByte recording drives, ATI video Radeon 5500, on-board audio, 3 HD100 Extenders, Gigabyte Switch, 2 Haup. PV150 tuners
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Also, my import STVi file is now filled up with obsolete things like sageMC_169-#.xml (where # varies from 1 to 15). This can get a bit confusing on which one to pick for all of my extenders. How do I remove all these old obsolete (either STVs or STVi's) that I no longer want around.
What I usually do is go to the SageTV STV folder in windows explorer (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3) and move all the old .xml files to an Archive folder (..\SageTV3\Archive).
Quote:
"As usual make sure you BACKUP first and install as you normally would but not over a previous install of the import."

Does this simply mean that I go back and "Load STV" and pick sageMC_6_3_8b_11 and then import all the STVi's again that I want, including the new version of some plugin?
That's what I usually do. Alternatively you could go back to the STV that has all the plugins installed except the one you want to update (one of the -# files). When people say backup your current STV I take that to mean make a copy of your current STV in case something gets screwed up (I am pretty sure Sage does this by default... by incrementing the stv file (-1.xml, -2.xml, etc) every time you load a new plugin
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I am pretty sure Sage does this by default... by incrementing the stv file (-1.xml, -2.xml, etc) every time you load a new plugin
That is correct. Everytime you install an import it will increment the last number so you will end up with a list like:

SageMC_6_3_8b_12-1.xml
SageMC_6_3_8b_12-2.xml
SageMC_6_3_8b_12-3.xml

and so on.

The clever part is that if the new import doesn't work or you don't like it you can load the previous number (via default SageTV settings and not SageMC). When you do import a new file it will also remember all your old settings.

As long as you goto the default SageTV options first and import the base xml file before you install a new version of an import you shouldn't have a problem (SageMC_6_3_8b_12.xml is base). This creates a clean install which you can then re-import all your plugins into.

When I say backup I usually close the client down and just copy all the files and folders to a backup folder, not a very efficient way to do a backup but it does make sure you have a backup of every single file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul View Post
If I'm sure I'm not using one of these files I just delete them.