SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:55 PM

No signal with SageTV 6.5.9 and VistaView Saber2020 dual-tuner

This is weird. For years, I've had my 2020 running quite nicely with Sage; however, my computer died and I formatted everything.

I reinstalled the drivers for the tuner card, and according to device manager, they're working.

I installed Sage, unlocked it, and started setting up my tuners. I tried ignoring the "Loading preview. Please wait..." message and set up both tuners. Now, even though the channel lineups appear accurate (I did the whole "Scan for channels" thing, and it acted like it was working), when I try to watch live TV, I get nothing for the first little while, then the playback controls appear and the lovely "No Signal" appears where I'd rather be seeing TV

I haven't made any tweaks or adjustments to anything within SageTV, and to be quite honest, I've forgotten what my setup was like when I last fiddled with it years ago...If anyone's run into (and solved!) this problem, I'd love to hear what worked for you. Thanks!!!

Edit: This was supposed to go in the SageTV Software forum, not the hardware forum! If a mod/admin could move it, that'd be great. Sorry for the trouble!

Last edited by Stickeroo; 03-13-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Wrong forum?
Old 03-14-2009, 03:15 PM

Hm. I tried uninstalling the drivers, then reinstalling them (after a reboot), and I notice that the driver version is still listed in Device Manager as 1030 something -- NOT 1037 something, even though that's what I downloaded from VistaView's web site...

Does anyone know if that's right? Again, the card used to work, but with this latest reinstallation, nothing. The tuners show up when I go to add sources in SageTV, and sometimes the channel scanning will "work", but I never see any signal...

Tags
no signal, saber 2020, vistaview