SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, looks like you've been busy...
This should be cool. I'll try to give it a look in the next couple of days.

One question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
SetFanartXXXX was changed so that it no longer will rename a file to make it default. instead, when you set a default fanart item, it will "record" it in the Sage.properties. When you request fanart, it will check to see if there is a "default" in the Sage.properties, and if so, it will use that file. This should get around the sage caching issue.
Does this mean the main Sage.properties file? Will there be one properties entry for each fan art item? I'm concerned that this could make the Sage.properties file grow really large (I've already got well over 1,000 TV shows and Movies in my fan art collection, each with 2 or 3 artifact types).

If we don't manually set a default image, will the API still return the first file from the appropriate fan art folder (Alphabetically)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
One question:
Does this mean the main Sage.properties file? Will there be one properties entry for each fan art item? I'm concerned that this could make the Sage.properties file grow really large (I've already got well over 1,000 TV shows and Movies in my fan art collection, each with 2 or 3 artifact types).

If we don't manually set a default image, will the API still return the first file from the appropriate fan art folder (Alphabetically)?
Yeah, it the main sage properties file. I chose that instead of using another file, because it was easy to access. Fanart images should be easy to spot, because they'll begin with "fanart/images/...". Also, the only time an entry is written to the properties, is when SetFanartXXX is called. The phoenix apis itself never calls this method. This should cut down on the # of entries that actually make it into the properties. If nothing is configured for an image, then the standard rules apply... use the first image in the folder.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Thanks for the update! I took a quick look at the changes and I think this will make things easier for sure.

I do have a question. I think themoviedb and thetvdb support genres and actors. Is there a way to interface to that so we can automatically fetch genre and actor images as well as images based on the title? Do we use one of the GetMetadataSearchResults methods?

I'm going to start to update my "Phoenix Fanart for Default" STVi and will let you know if I find any problems.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, it the main sage properties file. I chose that instead of using another file, because it was easy to access. Fanart images should be easy to spot, because they'll begin with "fanart/images/...". Also, the only time an entry is written to the properties, is when SetFanartXXX is called. The phoenix apis itself never calls this method. This should cut down on the # of entries that actually make it into the properties. If nothing is configured for an image, then the standard rules apply... use the first image in the folder.
Are there any speed decreases caused by this method? The reason I ask is I know sometimes reading propertie files can be slow especially when reading many properties at a time. Eitherway I understand why choosing this method but why not create a seperate fanart properties file just for cleanliness sake?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I do have a question. I think themoviedb and thetvdb support genres and actors. Is there a way to interface to that so we can automatically fetch genre and actor images as well as images based on the title? Do we use one of the GetMetadataSearchResults methods?
Fetching Actor images, Genre images, and complete series info is planned for the 4.x milestone... but it may not make it into the 4.0 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Are there any speed decreases caused by this method? The reason I ask is I know sometimes reading propertie files can be slow especially when reading many properties at a time. Eitherway I understand why choosing this method but why not create a seperate fanart properties file just for cleanliness sake?
There are not real speed decreases, and to be honest, I went with this route because it was the easiest to implement without having to manage yet another properties file. I may change this later, especially if it's not what what people want, which is why this build is completely beta - for development/testing only.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

GetRandomElement

Sean,

Have you changed the GetRandomElement method? In the previous builds I've used GetRandomElement(GetFanartBackgrounds()) to generate a random background, but in this latest build I always get the first image.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom, I didn't change any of the utility methods. Are you sure GetFanartBackgrounds() is returning more than 1 item?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

It is working. User error was causing the problem.

Tom

Old 01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Sean,
I just tried out phoenix build 1.57 with TVE and am having issues. Build 56 works fine. Build 57 causes lots of exceptions.

I dont use the Genre and Actor apis so i figured it should work without problems...

It looks like its failing when trying to apply the transform...

Snippet from the log (also attached the full log ... ):
Code:
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.523 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.524 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at sagex.phoenix.image.RoundedCornersTransform.transform(RoundedCornersTransform.java:23)
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.524 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at sagex.phoenix.image.TransformFactory.applyTransform(TransformFactory.java:70)
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.525 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at phoenix.ImageAPI.cacheImageTransform(ImageAPI.java:440)
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.526 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     ... 66 more
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.526 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7] java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while applying transform: name:rounded,arcSize:40} to id: \\svr1\sage\Fanart\Movies\Expelled No Intelligence Allowed\Banners\Expelled No Intelligence Allowed.jpg; tag:TVExplorerBanners
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.526 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at phoenix.ImageAPI.cacheImageTransform(ImageAPI.java:442)
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.527 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at phoenix.ImageAPI.CreateImage(ImageAPI.java:343)
Sun 1/24 15:01:49.528 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1a8c4e7]     at phoenix.api.CreateImage(api.java:608)
EDIT: On a second more detailed look through my code it appears to be failing out when the image doesnt exist (obviously). images are getting transformed when the exist... I am using GetFanartPoster(Airing) to determine if a poster exists... then continue (to apply transform and display it) only if i find one... this worked fine with build 1.56 but does not work with 1.57... it looks like it thinks it has a poster when there isn't one... (same thing with banners/backgrounds)

EDIT 2: Just changed the code slighty to use HasFanartPoster to test for the presence of backgrounds.... same result... also attached the code thats its running so you can see exactly whats in the stv.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVE_PosterLogic.jpg (128.5 KB, 220 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetvclient_0.zip (24.9 KB, 171 views)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-24-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

@razrsharpe - It's likely that with the extensive changes in builg 57, I did break the HasFarnart APIs. I'll see if I have a unit test for those, and if not, then I all one and test this out. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of an issue to track down.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
@razrsharpe - It's likely that with the extensive changes in builg 57, I did break the HasFarnart APIs. I'll see if I have a unit test for those, and if not, then I all one and test this out. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of an issue to track down.
thanks ... while you're at it check the GetFanart APIs too because they were displaying the same results (when i was using them to test if fanart exists or not (ie != null)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
thanks ... while you're at it check the GetFanart APIs too because they were displaying the same results (when i was using them to test if fanart exists or not (ie != null)
Here's build 58, that fixes the HasFanart issue.

I need more info on the GetFanart issue. I currently run the apis through a battery of tests, and I haven't uncovered any issue with GetFanart. It turns out that I didn't have a test case for HasFanart... but I do now
Old 01-24-2010, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Build 58 fixes the TVE problem problem. Thanks to you and razr.

Tom

Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here's build 58, that fixes the HasFanart issue.
thanks

Quote:
I need more info on the GetFanart issue. I currently run the apis through a battery of tests, and I haven't uncovered any issue with GetFanart. It turns out that I didn't have a test case for HasFanart... but I do now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

Build 58 fixes the TVE problem problem. Thanks to you and razr.

Tom
I guess its not a problem anymore ... the fix for HasFanart must of fixed the GetFanart problem too. I'm not at home so I can't confirm but if Tom says that build 58 fixes it then we should be all set. Tom is working off code that uses the GetFanart (not the HasFanart) method to test for null...

EDIT: Was able to login remotely and test. Build 58 fixes all my issues. HasFanart and GetFanart are both working as i expect them to be... thanks again for the quick fix
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-24-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad it's all working Now I can get back to bmt work
Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage Expert

SageTV v7.02?

@stuckless - was just clicking around on the Phoenix API google site, and I was surprised to see the latest build is called "SageTV v7.02 + Phoenix 7.zip"

Cat is out of the bag... is there some sort of collaboration going on with SageTV here? Is SageTV 7.0.2 imminent? Or is this some naming convention that you're using that isn't SageTV 7 related? Hmm....

http://code.google.com/p/sagephoenix/updates/list
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't read too much in the numbering... It's nothing like that.... While sage is great in helping with the plugin community, it's not like we have any special treatment or influence when it comes to SageTV I think the general consensus with Phoenix is that it's not a short term project, and as such, it won't be released until probably SageTV provides a 7.x release (whenever that may be, is anyone's guess).
Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

That's what I get for typing too fast and not checking it afterward.

This is an internal build of phoenix (read nowhere near ready for public consumption) and it should have read "SageTV + Phoenix v7.02 7.zip". The version number refers to the phoenix build. Sorry for the confusion.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-26-2010, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Get Fanart for TV Series

I can see how to use the api calls to get the fanart related to a TV episode but I am wondering how to use the api to specifically get the Series poster.

I assume if I request the fanart for a specific episode in Season 2 of a TV Series I will get the fanart from the following location...

Fanart\TV\SeriesName\Season 2\Posters

- is that a correct assumption?

But how do I get the fanart for the Series itself which is stored in....

Fanart\TV\SeriesName\Posters

??
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I can see how to use the api calls to get the fanart related to a TV episode but I am wondering how to use the api to specifically get the Series poster.

I assume if I request the fanart for a specific episode in Season 2 of a TV Series I will get the fanart from the following location...

Fanart\TV\SeriesName\Season 2\Posters

- is that a correct assumption?

But how do I get the fanart for the Series itself which is stored in....

Fanart\TV\SeriesName\Posters

??
You can use the following api call...

phoenix_fanart_GetFanartArtifact(MediFile, "TV", SeriesName, "Poster", null, null)

All GetFanartXXX api calls ulitmately call this api... but with the last parameter blank, it will not attempt to local season specific fanart.