SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Just to give some examples of how I use genre banners and backgrounds... Here is how they work in my STVi (see attached screen shots). If there is no banner for a particular show, I look at the genre (category / subcategory) and display a generic banner. So, I have banners for "Movie", "Football", "Cooking", "Science", "Sitcom", etc. I just print the show title over the top of the banner in a bold font. Then in the recording details screen, I do sort of the same thing - if there is no background found, I look for a genre background.

I know SageMC uses genre icons for categorizing imported videos, and there is a nice collection of these that look like movie clapboards. Based on the size and shape of these, I would say they are similar to the "poster" art. I don't currently use any of this "poster" style genre art in my STVi right now, but I could see a use for it.
Yeah I use clapperboards in my STVI I can see what you would want seperate banners,posters etc in your app.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Well, GetImage, passes the unit testing, but I'm not sure it's being used anywhere yet. So I would try it, and see what happens.
Quick question on this it appears to be working.

I don't have to pass a ID in the createimages call correct?

So say my call is

Code:
phoenix_api_CreateImages("SMWPostersRounded",HasFanartPoster,"[{name:rounded,arcSize:20}]",true)
When using get Image I can simply call

Code:
pheonix_api_GetImage(Poster,"SMWPostersRounded")
where poster = phoenix_api_GetFanartPoster(Airing)

that seems to work just making sure I am understanding it correctly.

Also calling GetImage doesn't appear to try and perform the transform again just simply grabs the existing correct. (this is what I am wanting just double checking)
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Sage User

I'm running into a problem with posters. During import I pull my art from a DVD Profiler image using BMT. Unfortunately if BMT also downloads a poster from another source which is alphabetically before the image filename from DVD Profiler that poster is displayed instead on things link AMIS and SMW.

Basically the first poster alphabetically is used instead of the one specified during import. Is there anyway aside from renaming the files in the fanart folder to fix this?
Client 3 - XP Pro, AMD X2 3800+ w/ 8400GS
Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

This is up to AMIS and SMW to handle. The SetFanartPoster() api call can be used to set the default poster, but this only takes effect after the UI is restarted. Otherwise I believe the default Fanart poster is the first, alphabetically.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
This is up to AMIS and SMW to handle. The SetFanartPoster() api call can be used to set the default poster, but this only takes effect after the UI is restarted. Otherwise I believe the default Fanart poster is the first, alphabetically.

Aloha,
Mike
SMW takes advantage of this call but currently only if scaling is off and Like Mike said it requires sage to restart for it to take effect (although SMW will temporarily set it until you lose focus)

Also You may want to post in BMT forums but there has to be a way to stop BMT from downloading additionaly fanar as many people are using dvdprofiler and using their images.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtney View Post
I'm running into a problem with posters. During import I pull my art from a DVD Profiler image using BMT. Unfortunately if BMT also downloads a poster from another source which is alphabetically before the image filename from DVD Profiler that poster is displayed instead on things link AMIS and SMW.

Basically the first poster alphabetically is used instead of the one specified during import. Is there anyway aside from renaming the files in the fanart folder to fix this?
Something you can try... BMT pulls the poster from themoviedb as well, because you are using the dvdprofiler-2 provider, which pulls information from dvdprofiler and the supplements the metadata/fanart from a secondary source, themoviedb.org. You can use only the dvdprofiler provider, but then you won't get other fanart, such as backgrounds. But, you could try telling bmt to download only a single a piece of fanart per category. That way it will download a single poster from dvdprofiler and a single background image from themoviedb.org. Unfortunately, the "max images to download" setting applies to all fanart categories, so setting it 1, will mean that you'll only ever have 1 poster, 1 background, 1 banner, etc.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

All the DVD Profiler cover art conforms to the filename ###f.jpg where ### is a 12? digit number (maybe a smaller or larger digit then 12 but it is always a number)

Soooo... someone could write a small program to search through the movie fanart directories and delete all .jpgs that doesnt conform to the ###f.jpg format in the \posters\ directory

or (insert shameless feature request here) sean could expand his "max images to download" to be independent values for backgrounds/posters/banners.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-09-2009, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Does createimage not except property's for the width, height when scaling?

I have tried

Code:
"[{name:scale,width:GetProperty("propertyname",default),height:-1}]"
also tried

Code:
"[{name:scale,width:java_lang_Integer_parseInt(GetProperty("propertyname",default)),height:-1}]"
both seem to return a syntax error.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Stuckless,

Does createimage not except property's for the width, height when scaling?

I have tried

Code:
also tried

Code:
"[{name:scale,width:java_lang_Integer_parseInt(GetProperty("propertyname",default)),height:-1}]"
both seem to return a syntax error.
That's because your "syntax" is not correct

Consider that the transform is a "string". So, if I were building up a string, based on static strings and variable, I'd have to concatenate them together.

ex,
Code:
"Hello My Name is " + NameVar
// is not the same as 
"Hello My Name is NameVar"
extrapolating that to your scenario...
Code:
// you have

// but what you meant was...
"[{name:scale,width:" + GetProperty("propertyname",default) + ",height:-1}]"

// and with scale image, you only need to pass either the width or height...
"[{name:scale,width:" + GetProperty("propertyname",default) + "}]"
Hope that helps to clarify things.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
That's because your "syntax" is not correct

Consider that the transform is a "string". So, if I were building up a string, based on static strings and variable, I'd have to concatenate them together.

ex,
Code:
"Hello My Name is " + NameVar
// is not the same as 
"Hello My Name is NameVar"
extrapolating that to your scenario...
Code:
// you have

// but what you meant was...
"[{name:scale,width:" + GetProperty("propertyname",default) + ",height:-1}]"

// and with scale image, you only need to pass either the width or height...
"[{name:scale,width:" + GetProperty("propertyname",default) + "}]"
Hope that helps to clarify things.
Yes razorsharpe was helping me understand this better just as you posted. Thanks for your explanation also thanks didn't know I didn't have to pass the height as well.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Stuckless just an FYI GetImage seems to work flawlessly and really speeds things up.

Question someone might know is there another way to get folder.jpgs besides GetThumbnail ? As GetThumbnail doesn't work with createimage as it returns a sage metaimage I believe.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't see a need for posters/banners for genres but that is just me seems like allot of fanart to keep up with (especially having to get this per user)
I use Tiki's import and to me the Genre fanart is superb. Many of the shows I record do not have fanart and it is much more aesthetically pleasing to have fanart show up for all of the shows rather than for just some of the show.

Thank you Tiki!

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I use Tiki's import and to me the Genre fanart is superb. Many of the shows I record do not have fanart and it is much more aesthetically pleasing to have fanart show up for all of the shows rather than for just some of the show.

Thank you Tiki!

Tom
Yeah he is doing something that is different than what I am doing for his I see I purpose
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless got some time to come back to this and still having issues it shows the fanart poster but not the overlay image

Code:
phoenix_api_CreateImage(phoenix_api_GetFanartPoster(GetElement(WallPosters, 1)),"[{name: overlay, image:'" + GetPathParentDirectory( GetDefaultSTVFile() ) + "\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\\Themes\\Joker\\king diamond.png" + "',opacity:0.5, x:100, y:100},{name:scale,width:150,height:-1},{name:rotate,theta:-40}]",false)
I know the path is right because if I call
Code:
phoenix_api_CreateImage(GetPathParentDirectory( GetDefaultSTVFile() ) +"\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\\Themes\\Joker\\king diamond.png","[{name:rotate,theta:-40}]",false)
It gets the image of joker diamond but when I try and get it to overlay the fanartposter above all I get it the fanartposter.

TIA for any insight

log

I know you are a busy man but just wanted to show you what my log is saying when I try to apply the overlay to the version #1.38 of the phoenix api. Thought it might help or might show you where I am going wrong

cheers
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

According to the log file...., it doesn't like your transform string
Code:
[{name:overlay, ' C:\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\Themes\Joker\king diamond.png ',opacity:.5,x:100,y:100}]
From what I can see, there are 2 issues....
The first is that you are imming the image variable for the overlay transform.
The second thing is that your quoted image, contains a leading space and a trailing space, which will be problematic.

so, the correct, transform, should look like this...

Code:
{name:overlay, image: 'C:\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\Themes\Joker\king diamond.png',opacity:.5,x:100,y:100}
Note, that when are specifying a single transform, you don't need to use the [] array notation. [] is only used when you want to apply more than 1 transform on an image. It doesn't hurt anything to use the [], it should still work, but it probably adds a couple of extra ms to the processing.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Sage User

is it possible to use fanart on the home screen?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyd77 View Post
i'm not aware of any plugin that does this... but just about anything is possible by customizing the UI (STV in sage language) and placing fanart on the main menu should definitely be possible... If you're willing to experiment, open up studio (the programming language the STV is written in... accessed by pressing ctrl+shift+f12 from the UI) and try it ... i would suggest starting small and there are some good studio tutorials that Sage has put together...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-15-2009, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyd77 View Post
You could also just pick a fanart backgound for your background image of the home screen wouldn't give you any rotation or anything.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless go another for you

Just found your loadimages call (thanks 100% for this)

I am curious by default does this run as a background thread or do I need to call a fork() before it to make sure it does.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that loadimages will run in a background thread (without calling fork())... but I'm not at home right now, so I can say 100% for sure