SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm pretty sure that loadimages will run in a background thread (without calling fork())... but I'm not at home right now, so I can say 100% for sure
Thanks I went ahead and forked it to be safe seems to work great by the way.

Now onto another subject I know we have touched on time and time again the overlay call I think I finally have it write here is the log entry

Code:
{name:overlay,image: 'C:\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\Themes\Joker\joker card.png',opacity:.5,x:100,y:100} to id: C:\FANART\Movies\Transformers\Posters\Transformers.jpg; tag:f9957d961c05d5de187e349a11be8883
but I still get a null error here is my code
Code:
image = "name:overlay,image: '" + GetPathParentDirectory( GetDefaultSTVFile() ) +"\\SageMCE\\PLuckyhdSMWScreens\\Themes\\Joker\\joker card.png',opacity:.5,x:100,y:100"
Code:
phoenix_api_CreateImage(GetElement(WallPosters,0)," {" + image + "}",true)

O am sure I am wrong somewhere again
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Let me rephrase this question. It appears from the phoenix documention that it should be logging the images it is caching from LoadImages. Is there a way to enable phoenix logging that I am missing because it doesn't appear to be logging it. I am just trying to verify it is working.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 07-21-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry Plucky... been a busy couple of nights (non sage related)

Your first post about the overlay not working.... It looks correct, as far as I can tell, so the only thing that I can think is perhaps the file is not valid. Actually 1 little thing that I did notice is that you have space before the opening bracket (" {") and I don't think that should matter, but it may??

As for the loadimages, it takes an array of images, either File objects, String paths, or Sage MetaImage object.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry Plucky... been a busy couple of nights (non sage related)

Your first post about the overlay not working.... It looks correct, as far as I can tell, so the only thing that I can think is perhaps the file is not valid. Actually 1 little thing that I did notice is that you have space before the opening bracket (" {") and I don't think that should matter, but it may??

As for the loadimages, it takes an array of images, either File objects, String paths, or Sage MetaImage object.
Stuckless no need to apologies we all try and have lives outside of sage

I will check the space I don't think it should matter ether I now the filepath is valid but maybe it is the fact I am trying to overlay a png of a jpeg??

Yeah I am passing it an array of images is there a way to turn logging on for it or should it log automatically and if it is not I am not doing something right? I know the arrays I pass to createimages log accordingly but I don't seem to get anything in the log for loadimages.

thanks again
Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've uploaded a new phoenix build for testing. It adds support for fanart genres and actors. It also will look at the GetShowCategory() for TV files and set the mediatype to Movie is the show category is a movie.

that nothing is broken, I may have missed something.

Set the first post for a complete list of published APIs
Stuckless so far the actor fanart call works great and much better than stringing file names together like I was.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless before you go on a month dissapearance (well deserved)

What does added support for sage metaimage mean in the latest release?

I still don't think loadimages is working because it isn't logging out. If I call sages default loadimage(loadimage(img)) they seem too load into cache as expected

cheers and enjoy your time away.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

It was a quick fix where if createimage was called with a sage metaimage and a transform, then the cache would always return the same cached image, no matter if the sage image changed.

I never looked at load images, but all load images does is call sage LoadImage on a bunch of images. It's purpose is to load a bunch of images into the sage UI cache. It does not read from the image transform cache and it does not use any transforms, etc.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was a quick fix where if createimage was called with a sage metaimage and a transform, then the cache would always return the same cached image, no matter if the sage image changed.

I never looked at load images, but all load images does is call sage LoadImage on a bunch of images. It's purpose is to load a bunch of images into the sage UI cache. It does not read from the image transform cache and it does not use any transforms, etc.
Nice fix i notced that so doeas that mean it will work with all metaimages now (ie getthumbnails?) I removed them because of that issue but I knew you said metaimages didn't work.

As for the loadimages yes I am building an array
posterarray = newarray

hasfanart = true
getimage(path,"tag") != null

true
addtoarray(getimage(path,"tag")

else
addtoarray(creatimage() )

then loadimages on that array. I notice if I change the addtoarray and just call sage default loadimage it doesn't work either but if I call it twice as suggested by sage loadimage(loadimage(GetImage(path,"tag")) it will load it into cache and log it.

cheers.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

A couple of questions:

There is no phoenix_api_HasFanartActor() listed in the documentation (first post in this thread). Is that an error in the docs or does the API not exist?

How do the Genre APIs work? The first post lists them as:

Code:
phoenix_api_GetFanartGenre(Object mediaObject, String genre) : String
phoenix_api_GetFanartGenres(Object mediaObject, String genre) : String[]
- What is the second parameter for? Is it some type of default?
- Does the call return Backgrounds, Banners, or something else?
- Are the Genre images automatically downloaded by BMT and where are the images stored? (Or where should they be stored if BMT doesn't download them?)

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Another question. If I'm using the phoenix APIs on a client, will the APIs fetch the fanart from the server or the local client?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

A couple of questions:

There is no phoenix_api_HasFanartActor() listed in the documentation (first post in this thread). Is that an error in the docs or does the API not exist?

How do the Genre APIs work? The first post lists them as:

Code:
phoenix_api_GetFanartGenre(Object mediaObject, String genre) : String
phoenix_api_GetFanartGenres(Object mediaObject, String genre) : String[]
- What is the second parameter for? Is it some type of default?
- Does the call return Backgrounds, Banners, or something else?
- Are the Genre images automatically downloaded by BMT and where are the images stored? (Or where should they be stored if BMT doesn't download them?)

Thanks,

Tom
Tom,

First on the hasfanart actor is doesn't exist I do a null check on it ( I pretty sure it returns a null if nothing is found) so code is

Code:
If phoenix_api_GetFanartActor(null,"Mel Gibson") != null
I use null as there is an actor google project which downloads more than 3500 actors in their actorname directory I don't know of any doing it by the movie.

As for the genre call the second string is the genre you want to pull I don't use these but it would go something like

Code:
phoenix_api_GetFanartGenre(null,"Horror")
again I would use use null checks after it and null for the first string to default to the genres directory.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 08-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another question. If I'm using the phoenix APIs on a client, will the APIs fetch the fanart from the server or the local client?
Depends on where you fanart directory is for the client. I use a unc path so all my fanart stays in one place regardless of client/extender. It will download to the path of the machine client/sever. you are on. I suggest using one unc path for server/client/extender that way your fanart is only stored once.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Plucky.

So to clarify one more thing, Genre Fanart only supports backgrounds? There are no Banner-related Genre APIs?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Plucky.

So to clarify one more thing, Genre Fanart only supports backgrounds? There are no Banner-related Genre APIs?
Correct there was talk back a couple of pages I think stuckless was/is going to add banners and posters for genres but hasn't been done yet.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

There appears to be Incompatibility between BMT and the latest Phoenix Api 36. I updated to the latest Phoenix api and getting an error.

Error Below.

You Have an incompatible version (null) of phoenix.jar installed Please update to version null or higher!.

Is there any way I can get the previous jar of phoenix? Fan Art is working but If I hit back etc... The error pops up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phoenixerr.jpg (94.9 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-03-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
There appears to be Incompatibility between BMT and the latest Phoenix Api 36. I updated to the latest Phoenix api and getting an error.

Error Below.

You Have an incompatible version (null) of phoenix.jar installed Please update to version null or higher!.

Is there any way I can get the previous jar of phoenix? Fan Art is working but If I hit back etc... The error pops up.
looking at that I don't think your jar is loaded correctly I would redownload and make sure and extract when sagetv and sage service are shut down.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

PluckyHD,

The problem is that if I install BMT then the Phoenix API fanart displays but it will not download new fanart at all.

If I install the Phoenix API first then the BMT... fanart will display and download but if I hit home or back I get that error.

The jar that comes with Phoenix APi is dated 7/04/2009

That phoenix jar that comes with BMT is dated 4/30/2009.

Using the New Phoenix api I get this error when I try to download fanart.
Mon 8/3 9:39:09.047 [AWT-EventQueue-0@1fee6fc] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of phoenix_api_UpdateMediaFileMetadata of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException forhoenix_api_UpdateMediaFileMetadata(Airing, Result)

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-03-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Grab the full Phoenix api v1.36 download and install it. I didn't have all of the necessary supporting files in the SageMC download. I updated the download last night.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike,
I have installed the full api

Have you tried downloading fanart for something New or even deleted fanart for an existing series and try to download again... you will see it will not download at all.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks Plucky.

Phoenix doesn't currently support different types of Genre fanart. It doesn't know if it is a banner, background, poster, or something else. Stuckless didn't really understand how some of us wanted to use the Genre fanart when he added this. I think he will change it in the next release to support Banner, Background, and Poster Genre art.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR