SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Dumb question #1 - Where are the javadocs for the Phoenix API? I saw a mention of them somewhere but I can't find them.

Dumb question #2 - Is there a way to tell if the .jpg file returned by one of the phoenix APIs is 0 bytes in size? Sometimes phoenix returns a good file name (so the .jpg file exists) but the file is 0 bytes in size. I am specifically referring to the phoenix_api_GetFanartxxx() methods. If there is no way to tell directly from the API is there a java method that can be called to check for 0 byte files?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Dumb question #1 - Where are the javadocs for the Phoenix API? I saw a mention of them somewhere but I can't find them.
don't know where the docs are but Sean comments his code very well. So i usually browse the source when i'm looking for and explanation of something.

http://code.google.com/p/sagephoenix...n/java/phoenix
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a ...Documentation/api subdirectory in the Phoenix API download. Find it and open index.html.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If there is no way to tell directly from the API is there a java method that can be called to check for 0 byte files?
If you're still looking for a java method:
Code:
File file = new File(fileName);
long fileLength = file.length();
or to see if the file exists:
Code:
boolean fileExists = file.exists();
Sun's JavaDoc for the File api: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...a/io/File.html
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks to all.

@jreichen (or any other of you gurus!) How do I call these methods directly from Studio? There are only 1 or two sentences in the manual that seem to say you can call some java functions directly by substituting _ for . (or something like that.)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

I do very little coding in Studio so I don't know how you would do it. I'm sure somebody else has done a lot of it and could show you. You might also try searching the forums for posts by other members - Opus4 and gkusnick come to mind.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
SageTVaholic

They should look like this in studio:

Code:
java_io_File_length( filepath )
java_io_File_exists( filepath )
Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mike.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

I am curious why you have any 0k files in your fanart folders? I believe there is a setting in BMI to not download 0k files. Then all you need is the hasfanart calls.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Plucky,

I have not found that setting, where is it?

I also generally like to program as much error checking as possible. With the code I've written in the past "failure is not an option."

Tom

Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Mike,

Have you used the gradient call. Is it not support to make a gradient of the fanart that is passed to it? I get a gradient but it it just a white to transparanent not the fanart to transparent Like I would expect.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Mike,

Have you used the gradient call. Is it not support to make a gradient of the fanart that is passed to it? I get a gradient but it it just a white to transparanent not the fanart to transparent Like I would expect.
That call probably shouldn't have been exposed. It is used to make the transparency mask that is used in the creation of reflections.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

How exactly are you suppose to pull poster based on seasons? I see it created the different season posters but everytime I pull the poster for on item under that season it just pulls the same poster regardless of the season.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

It seems Genres haven't been thought out yet in the API.

Although I am not a programmer and maybe this is already decided but I have a suggestion for how the Genres should be organized (basically following the same structure as TV and Movies).

Central Folder - Genres - Name of Genre - Backgrounds
------------------------------------------------- Posters
------------------------------------------------- Banners

Dave
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2 View Post
It seems Genres haven't been thought out yet in the API.

Although I am not a programmer and maybe this is already decided but I have a suggestion for how the Genres should be organized (basically following the same structure as TV and Movies).

Central Folder - Genres - Name of Genre - Backgrounds
- Posters
- Banners

Dave
If you read back this has been discussed and will be added.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How exactly are you suppose to pull poster based on seasons? I see it created the different season posters but everytime I pull the poster for on item under that season it just pulls the same poster regardless of the season.
Stuckless to elaborate on this a bit

GetFanartPosterPath returns the correct Season 1, Season 2 etc folders for fanart

but when calling getfanartposter it is always returning the poster from season 1.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless to elaborate on this a bit

GetFanartPosterPath returns the correct Season 1, Season 2 etc folders for fanart

but when calling getfanartposter it is always returning the poster from season 1.
Plucky, you can add an issue for this in the BMT issue site... I'm using that to track both phoenix and bmt issues for now. If you add it there, then I won't forget about it
Old 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Plucky, you can add an issue for this in the BMT issue site... I'm using that to track both phoenix and bmt issues for now. If you add it there, then I won't forget about it
Done thanks didn't know about that will submit further issues on there. Thanks for submitting my other request as well.

Now get back to vacation
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Done thanks didn't know about that will submit further issues on there. Thanks for submitting my other request as well.

Now get back to vacation
Unfortunately, vacation is done... until the last week of august... then I'm off again
Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Excuse the newbie questions but trying to look at the java docs for the phoenix api and see how you are getting pictures in a folder regardless of the name. Is there an exposed call anywhere to send a path and get a .jpg?

thanks