SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage User

It Works!

FYI, the webfeedencoder is working fine, even with those three file problems. I am now streaming radio stations to my HD300 and just think this capability is incredible! Thank you Michael!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Michael,

I would advise against this. I was doing something similar with another plugin and it led to all sorts of problems with the Sage plugin installer. If your plugin puts files in certian places they must stay there and not change name.

Just my $0.02 (but since the US Dollar is down against the Pound it's probably worth less now )
Ok - thanks Tom. As usual your advice is worth $ rather than cents.

Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner95 View Post
Hello Michael,

You are probably too busy with other stuff and your life in general, but I'll try anyway: do you still think you can fix this some time?

Thanks,
Yuly
Hi,

Sorry Yuly.

The honest truth is I have been able to do any SageTV plugin development since Februrary.

My tech team leader left at work and I took his job but find I cannot replace myself due to headcount freezes so I'm doing all my old job and the new one too. This has hit my development time on the train in to work as I log in to the office now in an effort to keep my head above water.

I will try and find some time for an update to 0.9.7.

So far I have the EPG language issue and the .deliv file issue to fix I believe.

Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hello Michael,

Take your time, and thanks for the incredible work you have done already with your plugin.

Good luck,
Yuly
Old 06-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Sage User

tunein (formerly RadioTime) EPG problem fix

Greetings.

With all the consternation over the sale of SageTV to Google over the past week, other things have been put on the back burner, I'm sure.

This week, TuneIn (formerly RadioTime) stopped giving EPG information. This is a result of a changed website on their part. Since their "tags" and other website information has changed, so has the ability of WebFeedEncoder to collect EPG information.

Attached is my modified file that works on my system. If you find better "tags" or HTML triggers for EPG harvest, please post them here.

If you have not already done so, the EPG harvest URL also needs to be changed.

http://tunein.com/station?ScheduleBy...nId=_ID_&date=

Be sure that there is only the "?" between station and ScheduleByDate - if you try to put /? or just /, you will get the information, but it will then not do the lookups right. Someone who knows the ins and outs of Java will have to explain that one... all I know is that it MUST be as above or it will not work.

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: zip radiotime.zip (689 Bytes, 606 views)
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Sage User

WFE on a separate machine

WFE acts as a network encoder for Sage. Has anyone managed to get it running successfully on a machine separate from the main machine Sage is on? When I run WFE, VLC takes a fair amount of processing power. I have a 3.4 GHz dual core with 4GB memory. If I manage to have an instance or two of WFE going, comskip and a transcode job (such as a remote media extender) all going at the same time, the machine is really loaded. I have Sage running on windows XP (32 bit). I have a linux server in the house with 64 bit Ubuntu running on it that would like to move WFE to.

So what I would like to do is switch WFE to run on my Linux server while leaving Sage on my Windows machine. Anyone have any success doing that? With some initial trials, I can't get WFE on Linux to recognize Sage running on windows.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry Tests are OK but in SageTV no signal

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=28

SageTV and SageTVClient version=6.6.02

C:\SageTV

JVM version=1.6.0_29

VLC version=1.1.11

C:\Telek\VLC

WFE version=0.9.7

C:\Telek\WFEncoder

I set 3 channels: one camera and 2 web streams
all channels passed the test...
I have seen the opening window of vlc.exe program playing video from camera and webstreams

when i tried to play channels in SageTV it was extremely slow down everything almost stuck and then in 3-4 minutes I got the message no signal
btw to close SageTV after that was a problem... it stuck each time using WFE

SageTV is just clean install 2 days ago and besides WFE no problems.

I ran SageTV in debuging mode: debug_logging=TRUE.

Here are my all logs and some pixes in the file: Logs&Pixes.zip

Thank you, Michael.

I think it could be with pathes or vlc.exe... i have seen this vlc.exe trying to stream to SageTV but smth is wrong... and wrong is with vlc.exe (I have the latest version)

I just was thinking... hm... another sugestion that recording folder is in the UNC path on other computer... like "\\cube\g$\$record" but i have seen created file 0 kb with nothing... so looks like it finds it...

or in the path besides UNC there is a $ sighn... I don't know

i have suspicious on vlc.exe... as I understood vlc.exe streams video to SageTV... and in test WFE works fine... but with SageTV vlc.exe has some troubles...

well... I am not a computer guy it's just my intuition
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs&Pixes.zip (733.9 KB, 566 views)
Intel® Celeron® Quad-Core Processor J1900 @ 1.99 GHz; AsRock Q1900M (Intel(R) Chipset (2013-08-01) Ver.9.4.4.1006 Lithography 22 nm; Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as ValleyView2); RAM 2x4Gb Kingston 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3; SSD 128GB & HDD 2TB; SageTV HD200 (Firmware v.20100909 0); Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCI-E; Hauppauge HD PVR-1212; USB-UIRT; Win7Ultimate SP1; FireFox v.41.0.2; SageTV v.9.0.4.224 (STV v.2015101301); VLC v2.2.1; JRE v.1.8.00_73

Last edited by krasev; 12-03-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

VLC 1.0.5 is the last version I could get working with SageTV.

Every new version of VLC breaks WFE. Took me about 3 months and considerable change of tack to get VLC 1.0 working after VLC 0.9.7.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasev View Post
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=28

SageTV and SageTVClient version=6.6.02

C:\SageTV

JVM version=1.6.0_29

VLC version=1.1.11

C:\Telek\VLC

WFE version=0.9.7

C:\Telek\WFEncoder

I set 3 channels: one camera and 2 web streams
all channels passed the test...
I have seen the opening window of vlc.exe program playing video from camera and webstreams

when i tried to play channels in SageTV it was extremely slow down everything almost stuck and then in 3-4 minutes I got the message no signal
btw to close SageTV after that was a problem... it stuck each time using WFE

SageTV is just clean install 2 days ago and besides WFE no problems.

I ran SageTV in debuging mode: debug_logging=TRUE.

Here are my all logs and some pixes in the file: Logs&Pixes.zip

Thank you, Michael.

I think it could be with pathes or vlc.exe... i have seen this vlc.exe trying to stream to SageTV but smth is wrong... and wrong is with vlc.exe (I have the latest version)

I just was thinking... hm... another sugestion that recording folder is in the UNC path on other computer... like "\\cube\g$\$record" but i have seen created file 0 kb with nothing... so looks like it finds it...

or in the path besides UNC there is a $ sighn... I don't know

i have suspicious on vlc.exe... as I understood vlc.exe streams video to SageTV... and in test WFE works fine... but with SageTV vlc.exe has some troubles...

well... I am not a computer guy it's just my intuition
Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

well... I installed VLC 1.05... same situation... tests are OK but in SageTV encoder does not work

logs are updated
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs&Pixes.zip (317.3 KB, 556 views)
File Type: zip Sagetv_0.txt.zip (414.5 KB, 573 views)
File Type: zip Sagetv_1.txt.zip (438.2 KB, 569 views)
File Type: zip Pixes.zip (479.6 KB, 568 views)
Intel® Celeron® Quad-Core Processor J1900 @ 1.99 GHz; AsRock Q1900M (Intel(R) Chipset (2013-08-01) Ver.9.4.4.1006 Lithography 22 nm; Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as ValleyView2); RAM 2x4Gb Kingston 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3; SSD 128GB & HDD 2TB; SageTV HD200 (Firmware v.20100909 0); Hauppauge HVR-2250 PCI-E; Hauppauge HD PVR-1212; USB-UIRT; Win7Ultimate SP1; FireFox v.41.0.2; SageTV v.9.0.4.224 (STV v.2015101301); VLC v2.2.1; JRE v.1.8.00_73
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

IP Camera Feed

I have a Foscam IP camera set up on my network. It streams great out over the internet and internally. I have set up WebFeedEncoder and when I test a channel I have set up for the IP Camera it pops up briefly (just a could of seconds) and then goes away.

Looking at the VLC tab on the channel test I see this entry over and over again.

stream_out_transcode debug: drift is too high, resetting master sync

I Googled it and changed some settingings in VLC, but that didn't help. BTW, I also downgraded VLC to 1.05 since that is what the author says WFE supports.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochurch View Post
I have a Foscam IP camera set up on my network. It streams great out over the internet and internally. I have set up WebFeedEncoder and when I test a channel I have set up for the IP Camera it pops up briefly (just a could of seconds) and then goes away.

Looking at the VLC tab on the channel test I see this entry over and over again.

I Googled it and changed some settingings in VLC, but that didn't help. BTW, I also downgraded VLC to 1.05 since that is what the author says WFE supports.

I'm seeing more-or-less the same problem (using the Sage 7.1 plug-in version). I'm using a Logitech 700e camera which streams over the rtsp:// protocol. Plays fine with VLC, but I can't get it to work in the WebFeedEncoder Test area.

At first I had the same symptoms you described - the video window would pop-up momentarily and then disappear. I tried multiple things: rebooting, re-installing the WFE plugin, deleting and re-adding the channels, un-installing and re-installing VLC (tried with VLC versions 1.05, 1.14, 1.15. 1.19, 2.02, and 2.03).

Now, I don't even see the video window popping up at all, and the VLC tab of the Test window doesn't appear. Also, in the logs directory, I no longer get a Channel_VLC log file, and in the TMP directory, I don't get a MPG file created.

I even tried creating a channel using the NASAtv sample settings and that does the same thing.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Would this plugin work for me?

I am curious, would this SageTV addon allow me to convert the TV streams (mentioned in the below websites) to operate as normal SageTV TV channels (listed in my SageTV Guide)? If so, is this plugin the best plugin for doing what I want?

http://www.haykakantv.com/

http://haytv.webs.com/

I'm hoping it wouldn't be too difficult to setup.

EDIT: Maybe this is an outdated thread and application? The link in the OP is invalid.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-10-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I am curious, would this SageTV addon allow me to convert the TV streams (mentioned in the below websites) to operate as normal SageTV TV channels (listed in my SageTV Guide)? If so, is this plugin the best plugin for doing what I want?

http://www.haykakantv.com/

http://haytv.webs.com/

I'm hoping it wouldn't be too difficult to setup.

EDIT: Maybe this is an outdated thread and application? The link in the OP is invalid.
It would work, but not with the second URL that brings up a website. You have to have the the direct URL for the raw stream that shows up in the window (second link). I can't get the first link to work at all.

Many websites like this are now using Flash streams, which won't work with WFE.

WFE quit working on my main sage setup (running on a 32bit WinXP Pro setup). I gave it up for over a year, but this winter, I built a new Sage system on a 64bit Win7 system. WFE works wonderfully with it.

In that time, "Radiotime" changed to "tunein" and changed its website configuration (changing how EPG scraping will work). I have an updated file for obtaining EPG data from "tunein.com" if anyone interested who is still using this magnificent plugin. I am currently using this plug-in for streaming video, streaming audio, and direct connect with a HD radio tuner (using USB-UIRT/LM-Gestion/IR blaster to tune the HD radio tuner).

Alas... another casualty of the Google buyout of Sage, I fear. Oh well... at least the Sage EPG service is still on. For that, I'm very thankful.

Jeff
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I wish I was having as much luck as you. In reality, all the streams I need to playback using WFE are either live TV RTMP streams (which VLC can't handle correctly) or live TV youtube streams; (which VLC can't handle correctly either). It doesnt matter which version of VLC I use. They all are broken.

I have been able to avoid using VLC; and, preventing an unnecessary generation of encoding too by using rtmpdump.exe and youtube-dl.exe however, I run into playback issues on my SageTV PC client.

I'm not sure what liveTV streams you use; but I'm guessing they must not be liveTV youtube or any liveTV streams embedded in flash-based media players (usually using RTMP streams).

Ive spent a considerable amount of time on this; and just realized this kind of plugin only works fine for <5% of live TV streams that VLC can handle correctly.

What I've learned from this exhausting 3 week long WFE exercise? VLC.exe is the buggiest media player I've ever used. Its really too bad Potplayer or MPC-HT didnt have command-line remote control capability; since those are much more reliable media players; even for streaming media formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cqs View Post
It would work, but not with the second URL that brings up a website. You have to have the the direct URL for the raw stream that shows up in the window (second link). I can't get the first link to work at all.

Many websites like this are now using Flash streams, which won't work with WFE.

WFE quit working on my main sage setup (running on a 32bit WinXP Pro setup). I gave it up for over a year, but this winter, I built a new Sage system on a 64bit Win7 system. WFE works wonderfully with it.

In that time, "Radiotime" changed to "tunein" and changed its website configuration (changing how EPG scraping will work). I have an updated file for obtaining EPG data from "tunein.com" if anyone interested who is still using this magnificent plugin. I am currently using this plug-in for streaming video, streaming audio, and direct connect with a HD radio tuner (using USB-UIRT/LM-Gestion/IR blaster to tune the HD radio tuner).

Alas... another casualty of the Google buyout of Sage, I fear. Oh well... at least the Sage EPG service is still on. For that, I'm very thankful.

Jeff

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochurch View Post

Not sure if you're still having this issue or not, but I've been struggling with it too. I think I finally an answer. Strangely enough, I increased the video and audio bitrates and now it doesn't stop playing. the VLC test still shows the same warnings, but it continues to play. I'm now using 1600kbit/sec video and 196kbit/sec audio. and using a MPEG-PS mux.

Using this for some radio stations and VLC1.0.5.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Sage User

Plz see attached for TuneIn EPG Scrape. Worked for WNYC.

PLEASE NOTE: Suffix for START contains a SPACE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (64.7 KB, 541 views)

Last edited by kolakowj; 07-02-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: missed the note on space
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

NASA TV again

I know it's been a long time since this has been supported, but does anyone still have it working with NASA TV?

I have an 8 year old daughter who could watch the ISS feed all day!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm interested in trying Web Feed Encoder, and went back to the start of the thread, but the link no longer has the download.
Can anyone provide a new link for the download?
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Installed the plugin, but can't find any instructions on how to use it. I found an old post that included an attachment that was described as instructions, but the attachment isn't there.

It seems like an interesting idea, but I'd like more info on what it does and how to use it.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.

Tags
extender, internet video streaming, mvp, online videos, radio