SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Sage User

Trying to play protected iTunes movie purchases in SageMC

I'm trying to setup SageMC to play drm'd iTunes movies using Quicktime Player as the external media player. I've had no problem doing this in the past for Amazon Unbox videos + WMP, but this time for some reason it doesn't even appear to be launching the external player. I've enabled the External Media Player, editted media_player.cmd, added:

sagemc/limit_external_to_extension=.WMV,.wmv,.M4V,.m4v

to my properties and verified that .m4v files are listed in:

seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions

and restarted.

All of my other files continue to play correctly. AVI's, etc, play directly within Sage. WMVs launch the external player. M4Vs, though, still try play from within Sage, and generate an error message ("There was a Playback error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException"). It seems like maybe the files are not being correctly recognized as "Media" files (as compared to "DVD" files or "TV" or some other category) so that SageMC isn't realizing that it should qualify for the External Media Player setting.

Any ideas what else I need to check?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage User

Nevermind - I figured it out.

SageMC isn't parsing the filepath correctly when determining the extension - it was thrown by there being two "."s in the path, so in this case "C:\Videos\Dr. Horrible\Act 1.m4v" did not get recognized as being an .m4v file but a ". Ho" file or something like that.

I renamed the directory and all is working now, although that's going to cause more problems in the future I'm sure. Extra dots in filenames are completely legit in all OS's that Sage runs on, aren't they?