SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:22 AM

HD Studdering, Freezing, Skipping via USB??

I use AnyDVD to rip bluray to a drobo. The drobo is then connected to the HD200 hardwire. Whenever I play a HD movie by locating the largest file in the 'stream' folder, the movie plays for a second then stops then plays then stops, if it ever plays for 5 seconds straight I get sound, otherwise it is just studdering. I am using a cisco gig switch and wrt310n as router. I am running the latest beta. I do not think it is the network as when I try to run the m2kt(?) file from a connect usb maxtor drive that is conencted directly to the HD200, I get the exact same studder. Is the HD200 incapable of playing a ripped bluray from anydvd?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo99 View Post
Is the HD200 incapable of playing a ripped bluray from anydvd?

I use AnyDVD for BR rips all the time. My rips are to a sata drive on the server. Not sure if your p-roblem is drobo related or network related.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:17 PM

well, the exact thing happens wether the hd file is played from a usb drive, drobo share, presicion 690 with dual quad cores and 4 gb ram, the usb drive is one of those maxtor 320gb pockets drives. Shouldn't the HD200 play steady from at least a usb drive? are people really using anydvd to rip a bluray and then plating the bluray without skipping on the HD200? are people converting the resulting anydvd rip (m2t?) file to a different format?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Sage User

I rip blu-ray with anydvd and then convert them to .mkv files. Much smaller file with no noticeable difference in quality.

However I seem to have a problem when streaming either movies or HD tv recordings where it will periodically pixellate to the point where it is unwatchable. I think it may be the old switch I am using which is a Linksys BEFSR41. Does anyone know if this could be causing the issue or how I would verify that?

I am recording OTA signal rather than cable but when I watch live TV there is rarely receptions issues so I don't think that is the problem with the recordings.

Thanks!