SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Sage User

Question Streaming Internet video using SageTV / HD200

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am interested in setting up a SageTV server (basically a tuner farm in the utility room) with HD200 extenders streaming the content (i.e. TV shows from Sage Server, ripped DVDs in ISO format + Blu-ray rips from NAS box and Blu-ray movies from shared drive on a computer other than the SageTV server) to the various TVs around the house. I understand the setup above should be able to do all of the things listed above but please correct me if it cannot do any of these things.

One more thing I am interested in is streaming internet video other than the standard ones such as YouTube, etc that come packaged with SageTV.
Here's an example.

Currently, I am able to stream such video using .strm files in XBMC. I wonder if there's a way to stream these using HD200? If so, would appreciate further details on how I would go about setting these up in SageTV/HD 200 (and possibly replace XBMC).

Thanks,
-Topper
Old 04-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topperdude View Post
As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am interested in setting up a SageTV server (basically a tuner farm in the utility room) with HD200 extenders streaming the content (i.e. TV shows from Sage Server, ripped DVDs in ISO format + Blu-ray rips from NAS box and Blu-ray movies from shared drive on a computer other than the SageTV server) to the various TVs around the house. I understand the setup above should be able to do all of the things listed above but please correct me if it cannot do any of these things.

One more thing I am interested in is streaming internet video other than the standard ones such as YouTube, etc that come packaged with SageTV.
Here's an example.

Currently, I am able to stream such video using .strm files in XBMC. I wonder if there's a way to stream these using HD200? If so, would appreciate further details on how I would go about setting these up in SageTV/HD 200 (and possibly replace XBMC).

Thanks,
-Topper
Anyone?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Sage User

IMO being able to view ANY stream that you CAN see on a PC over the HD200 to a TV set would be fantastic... I have several shows where I could use that feature... Like for instance... The Charley Rose show is available to watch on a PC... If I could stream that show via the HD200 to a TV that would be beyond great... There are other shows also that I like to watch... I am hoping you get some responses... Usually, this forum comes up with the answers... At least they give it a darn good try... Good Luck...
Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Came accross this thread by Opus4. However, I do not have the SageTV software or an HD200 to try it out. The link in my first post is a direct link to the video feed, so if anyone could try out the instructions from Opus4's thread, it would be much appreciated.

This is one of the things still keeping me on the fence.

Thanks,
-Topper
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelinkup View Post
IMO being able to view ANY stream that you CAN see on a PC over the HD200 to a TV set would be fantastic... I have several shows where I could use that feature... Like for instance... The Charley Rose show is available to watch on a PC... If I could stream that show via the HD200 to a TV that would be beyond great... There are other shows also that I like to watch...
I ended up downloading the trial version of SageTV to see if this would atleast work on the standalone software. After trying different things and further reading the thread linked in my previous post, it looks like the type of streaming capability mentioned in my original post is not yet available in SageTV. If I understand correctly, the thread in my previous post requires the video feed embedded in an xml file and the url of this xml file is entered in the CustomVideo configuartion file versus directly entering the URL of the video feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelinkup View Post
I am hoping you get some responses... Usually, this forum comes up with the answers... At least they give it a darn good try... Good Luck...

I was also hoping to get some responses but am wondering if the lack of may have been due to this thread posted in the wrong forum (I had originally posted this in the General Discussion forum but looks like it was moved to this forum). Or maybe perhaps not as many people might be interested in this sort of streaming?

-Topper
Old 04-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Hi all,

The best way to do this would probably be to use the virtual iptv tuner from dvblogic.com (No I don't work for them).
I just got it to work with SageTV: http://dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1166

The benefit of this method is that it integrates as a tuner, which means you can watch/record and use epg's the same way you do with your "normal" TV tuners.

It currently works with udp and rtp streaming, and the developers seem keen to support other protocols.

Rob
Old 04-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdj View Post
Hi all,

The best way to do this would probably be to use the virtual iptv tuner from dvblogic.com (No I don't work for them).
I just got it to work with SageTV: http://dvblogic.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1166

The benefit of this method is that it integrates as a tuner, which means you can watch/record and use epg's the same way you do with your "normal" TV tuners.

It currently works with udp and rtp streaming, and the developers seem keen to support other protocols.

Rob

Would this also work to play the stream through the HD200?

Thanks,
-Topper
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Sorry for the delay.

I have a HD200 and it works great.