SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD100 very very slow with new fan art customization

Thanks guys for the great update, but I'm having some problems. I have the HD100 extender and loaded up SageMC 6.3.9. I confirmed that I had SageMC STV version as 6.3.9, one of the things I do note is that the sagemc.jar version is 6.3.8 (so I don't know if that is causing a problem or was just forgot to be updated)

So to start from the beginning, i upgraded my SageMC to 6.3.9, I then updated to Advanced Movies listing and made the appropriate changes, I then, installed stuckless metadata importer.

I tehn deleted all of my images in the folders and then using stuckless scraper, I initiated the importer and got about 90% of the cover art and metadata and loaded the rest manually.

My server was as responsive as before, but my HD extender is very very slow. This only occurs when I go to my Videos. If I toggle from one DVD to another, the circle of death occurs, and it takes literally 5-10 sec for it to move to one DVD to another, then when I press enter on one of the DVD it takes a long time to load the fan art.

I don't know if my HD100 just doesnt have the horsepower or what is going on. I did increase my java heap size and that did not help.

One thing that I also tried was revert to the stock sagemc xml w/o advanced movies info, so I'm going to post this also in the SageMC thread.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler View Post
Thanks guys for the great update, but I'm having some problems. I have the HD100 extender and loaded up SageMC 6.3.9. I confirmed that I had SageMC STV version as 6.3.9, one of the things I do note is that the sagemc.jar version is 6.3.8 (so I don't know if that is causing a problem or was just forgot to be updated)

So to start from the beginning, i upgraded my SageMC to 6.3.9, I then updated to Advanced Movies listing and made the appropriate changes, I then, installed stuckless metadata importer.

I tehn deleted all of my images in the folders and then using stuckless scraper, I initiated the importer and got about 90% of the cover art and metadata and loaded the rest manually.

My server was as responsive as before, but my HD extender is very very slow. This only occurs when I go to my Videos. If I toggle from one DVD to another, the circle of death occurs, and it takes literally 5-10 sec for it to move to one DVD to another, then when I press enter on one of the DVD it takes a long time to load the fan art.

I don't know if my HD100 just doesnt have the horsepower or what is going on. I did increase my java heap size and that did not help.

One thing that I also tried was revert to the stock sagemc xml w/o advanced movies info, so I'm going to post this also in the SageMC thread.
One thing you could try is to reduce the size of the images for the movies that you see first when you goto the movie selection screen. I've found that the images are just too large for the extenders to load quickly. I've submitted a request to Stuckless to see if he can automatically reduce the size of images once they've been downloaded. Having a database of around 600 movies and posters coming in at 200k kills my extenders, it doesn't affect the PC client.