SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

question about fanart, phoenix and imdb info

ok, I installed Metadata updater utility. I installed phoenix-api. I set a central folder for my fanart to go in. How does it all work? I have been using mymovies to produce my archived dvd folder icons and this seems to work fine as they show up in sage. I have run the fanart querry on some of my movies and I see the images in the specified fanart folder but I do not see the images on the screen like the screenshots show. Also so i have to run an imdb info search on each dvd individually to produce the movie info or is there a batch process that can be used?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
ok, I installed Metadata updater utility. I installed phoenix-api.
Ok, when you say that you installed the phoenix-api are you referring to "downloading the developer version of the phoenix.jar" or installing SageMC? if it's the first, then that's not good, since the metadata tools already contains a more recent version of the phoenix.jar.

The order that things should be installed in....
Latest SageMC build (which includes a phoenix.jar)
then
Metadata Tools (which includes a newer phoenix.jar)

Quote:
I set a central folder for my fanart to go in. How does it all work? I have been using mymovies to produce my archived dvd folder icons and this seems to work fine as they show up in sage. I have run the fanart querry on some of my movies and I see the images in the specified fanart folder but I do not see the images on the screen like the screenshots show. Also so i have to run an imdb info search on each dvd individually to produce the movie info or is there a batch process that can be used?
[/quote]
I think for those issues, you should see Brent's post on SageMC and Fanart, and see the metadata tools thread for how to use that tool.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

hmm, ok
yes i downloaded the pheonix-api from
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=312.

So I should not have done that? I did not see that phoenix folder or files in my sagemc directory.

I will try going to the backup foles then simply just install the metadata files.