SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Sage User

Question HD200 playback error -- just started

Greets.

I have two HD200 extenders and a PC Client connecting to a SageTV server (also connected to a TV).

One of the HD200s developed a problem yesterday. It will no longer play anything back (.MP3 files, TV, etc.), whether in the default HD200 screen or connected to the server.

The error message is always, "There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException" with a 2" white bar at the top.

Once, browsing DVD rips (converted to .MPG) from the HD200 interface (not server), I was able to get a message that the selected file was no longer available.

The other HD200, the client and the server all playback fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Edit: Running latest Sage BETA (.13) and HD200s have latest STANDARD firmware.

Last edited by Karaktu; 04-13-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Have you tried to unplug the HD-200 and re-plug it in? I had this problem last night and it fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaktu View Post
Greets.

I have two HD200 extenders and a PC Client connecting to a SageTV server (also connected to a TV).

One of the HD200s developed a problem yesterday. It will no longer play anything back (.MP3 files, TV, etc.), whether in the default HD200 screen or connected to the server.

The error message is always, "There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException" with a 2" white bar at the top.

Once, browsing DVD rips (converted to .MPG) from the HD200 interface (not server), I was able to get a message that the selected file was no longer available.

The other HD200, the client and the server all playback fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

If that doesn't work reboot the server.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Exclamation

No, but I certainly will. I figured that was too obvious to actually work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Gerry
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Gerry
Man I wish I had read this post instead of waisting 2 hours troubleshooting I finally put everything back the way it was, unplugged the HD-200, and BAM it all worked.

This should be stickied.

-Dravor
Old 04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

there is also a thread around here somewhere to run a command line telnet script that reboots for you without having to unplug!!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Unplugged the HD200 for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in worked just fine.

Thanks!

Edit: Incidentally, I believe the problem was caused by a corrupted recording (T:SCC in HD). Why it should hose the extender is beyond me, but it started right after that.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
there is also a thread around here somewhere to run a command line telnet script that reboots for you without having to unplug!!
I had the same thing happen after plugging in a usb drive so my wife could watch something while I did maintenance on the server. My telnet script rebooted the box at 4:30am but she still got the error the next morning. So unplug power and plug back in and everything worked fine.

Dave
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Sage User

My Take

I have seen this happen a couple of times mostly with divx files that may have a glitch in them. They crash the HD200's video and gives the error message and then wont play any other files until you pull the power plug and restart it, just hitting the power button wont do it.
It's a weird problem that i only thought happened to me with my "acquired" files that play fine in everything else but once in a while the HD200 barfs and i have to restart it.

Now if anyone can figure out why if the HD200 is on for over 24 hours and you hit a button to go from blank screen to menu the unit will sometimes reboot instead of showing the menu ?

Otherwise the HD200 is flawless .
Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaktu View Post
Incidentally, I believe the problem was caused by a corrupted recording (T:SCC in HD). Why it should hose the extender is beyond me, but it started right after that.
Coincidentally, just today I was watching some converted T:SCC divx files, left the HD200 paused for a while (long enough for the screen saver to kick in), tried to continue, and got the same error until I cycled the power. Maybe the HD200 works for Skynet?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Sage User

I am certainly glad that I found this thread before I spent two hours troubleshooting!

In my case the "corrupt file" was a manual recording made with the HD PVR that plays back just fine in VLC. Grrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravor View Post
Man I wish I had read this post instead of waisting 2 hours troubleshooting I finally put everything back the way it was, unplugged the HD-200, and BAM it all worked.

This should be stickied.

-Dravor
Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerooks View Post
Have you tried to unplug the HD-200 and re-plug it in? I had this problem last night and it fixed it.
I have the same issue - every time I try to press fast forward for a particular DVD ripped to HDD (The persuaders), the HD200 freezes, then won't play anything until I unplug power.

Last edited by wjones; 08-13-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Correction.. placeshifter can't playback VOB.. so that's not related.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerooks View Post
Thanks! just saved me a lot of work also.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've had my HD-200 for just over a week and I just had this problem as well with a regularly recored TV show (non-HD recorded via HD-PVR).

I hope this doesn't become like the dreaded 'HD-PVR lock-ups' where I'll have to 'reboot' this thing every week.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

And now it just did the exact same thing again. Playback exception error that required a 'reboot' of the HD-200 in order for it to be able to playback again.

I've submitted a trouble ticket. If folks have any suggestions, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:40 PM

Just got the message "There was a playback error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException" on HD300 as soon as it connected to the server. Performed soft reboot of the extender and server without change before I googled the message to find this thread. Unplugging the HD300 and then plugging it back in definitely worked for me too. Thanks!