SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Different Hauppauge 45-button remote (MCE?)

Hi everyone,

I have a Hauppauge 45-button remote that I got bundled with an HVR-2250 -- and about half of it's buttons (stop, play, etc.) work fine in SageTV (Yay!) -- but some of the buttons don't seem to be recognized by Sage (in the command settings, they don't register) -- so I guess this isn't "The" 45-button remote that Sage knows about. It's sensor is a USB device, with two blaster ports. It looks different than the picture of the 45-button remote I saw on this site, and on the Hauppauge site: it has a Windows Logo button in the center of the remote and doesn't have the "tv, videos, music, pictures" buttons, at the top, but does have those buttons, with icons instead of words, below the "windows" button.

Anyone familiar with this remote? Is there any way I can get Sage to recognize all the buttons on this remote, maybe with an updated .ini file?

I did install the ir32 software (before installing Sage) and I do have the remote icon in the system tray.

Any information will be very much appreciated.

-pir
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Administrator

That's an MCE remote from an MCE kit version of the tuner. Instead of trying the Hauppauge IR software, try using it as an MCE remote in SageTV.

BTW: there is a sticky about remotes & blasters at the top of this forum section for more info about the MCE receiver/blaster.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Thanks Andy, that worked like a charm! Sorry, I did poke around a bit before posting, I even saw that sticky, but I guess I didn't read it as thoroughly as I should have. I plead confused, since this remote does have 45 buttons...

I promise to look harder in the future before posting

I did find all your docs and was just using the "debug.txt" feature to go through the codes -- pretty nifty. I'm going to want to customize stuff pretty heavily, so I'm sure your docs will be a huge help.

-pir