SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Problem adding Video_TS movies to a playlist

Hey everyone - I have what I hope is a simple question, I have looked all over the forums and not found an answer.

I am using Sage 6.5 for WHS on my home server and linking through an HD200 box to my TV. Setup is fine and I am connecting to the server and watching my Video_TS files as DVDs with no problems.

Here's the issue... I want to organize my movies a bit into playlists. I can create the playlists with no issues, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to actually add a movie to the playlists I create. I have found screenshots online of an "add to playlist..." button in the advanced options window, but I don't have that button.

Is this an add-in? Is it a feature not available when connecting to the WHS server client of sagemc? Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it's disabled for DVDs, probably because they don't work well with playlists because a DVD never ends, it just returns to the main menu when it's done (even if it's a movie only DVD it just sits at a black screen).
Old 04-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Administrator

In the PDF manual that is installed with SageTV, there is a section for the dialog of options for videos which notes that DVDs cannot be added to playlists (around p. 43 for the v6.5 manual). DVDs don't really end (they just return to their main menu), so they wouldn't work in playlists.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

My ripped DVDs do end. I rip them with only the "main movie". The ripped DVD when played back, starts at the beginning and at the end, returns to the SageTV menu, not a menu on the DVD. The menu contained on the DVD never displays on the ripped DVDs.

I would like to create playlists with only certain chapter marks on certain DVDs.

I re-checked, and the DVD just stops at the end. I must have always been pressing the "stop" button at the end.

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 08-01-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Re-checked how DVD ends playing
Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
My ripped DVDs do end. I rip them with only the "main movie". The ripped DVD when played back, starts at the beginning and at the end, returns to the SageTV menu, not a menu on the DVD. The menu contained on the DVD never displays on the ripped DVDs.

I would like to create playlists with only certain chapter marks on certain DVDs.

I re-checked, and the DVD just stops at the end. I must have always been pressing the "stop" button at the end.

Dave
If there's no menus or anything else, just a single video... sounds like you'd be better off using just a single video file. This would allow you to put them into a playlist.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room