SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Sage User

The Good Old Playlist Import Problem

Hi All,
I've already raised a support ticket for this but thought I'd put it out into the forum as well in case there's a solution I haven't come across yet.

I run WHS with a HD100 extender and recently came across playlists (I'd honestly never paid much attention to them before). So I created a .m3u in WMP 11 (it's way too fiddly to do it in Sage) and tried to import it.

Guess what? I got the "Ignoring....due to missing element error". I've seen issues with unusual characters etc etc but these files are pretty standard.

Has anyone worked out a reliable way to get the playlists into Sage?

Cheers,

Garmpe
Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
SageTVaholic

When I've seen this happen, it's generally because the file paths in the playlist aren't accessible to Sage. For instance if you run Sage as a service, it requires UNC file paths instead of mapped drive letters. My workaround is to open the playlist in Notepad or whatever and do a global replace to make all the paths to relative to the directory where the playlist file lives.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Sage User

Hi GKusnick,

Looks like that was the issue. But it raised another question. By server is called BOB (long story) so my paths start \\BOB\ but on the HD100 by default it uses \\localhost\. Now I can do the find and replace but it looks like if I could use the correct path on the HD100 I wouldn't need to. Problem is: how on earth do I enter a UNC path into the HD100? I only seem to be able to use drive paths because I can't find a way to type in the back-slash.

THanks for your help.

Garmpe
Old 12-06-2008, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't own an HD100, so I'm afraid I can't help much with that configuration question.

Again, I've just found it best for various reasons to post-process all my WMP playlists to make sure the embedded paths are all relative rather than absolute, so no matter where I access them from or what kind of path I use to get there, it just works.