SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
missing first 3 minutes on random shows also back2back shows on different tuners

1. for some reason every week or two I will be missing 3 minutes of one of the 15 shows I record. So far it has done it on Lost, Heros, House, Sarah Conner Chronicals and Chuck (that I have noticed). There is no reason I can see for it. The episode of Lost that I lost (no pun intended) 3 minutes on was the only recording that day so no other show caused it to happen. This is completely random since it will happen one week but maybe not the next week and it only happens to one of those shows when it does happen. I have tried other fixes on one of the other threads to fix the issue but it did not work. These are both SD channels. My HD tuner died

2. On Mondays I have 4 shows recording. Two on channel 4 and two on channel 5. Bones and 24 record on channel 4 and Chuck and Heros record on channel 5. The issue is, Bones (ch4 7PM) is recorded on tuner 1 and 24 (ch4 8PM) is on tuner 2 while Chuck (ch5 7PM) is on tuner 2 and Heros (ch5 8PM) is on tuner 1. Shouldnt both shows on channel 4 be on the same tuner while both shows on channel 5 are on the other?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Do you have 2 minutes of padding & it is therefore actually missing the first 5 minutes? Check this FAQ:

My recordings are missing the first 5 minutes. How do I fix that?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

That was odd. That was one of the things I tried last time and it didnt work but turns out it got changed back to true. This time I stopped the service then made the change and started sage and the service then exited again and it was still false so hopefully that will fix it.

What about my other issue? I dont understand why back to back shows are being recorded on different tuners.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
What about my other issue? I dont understand why back to back shows are being recorded on different tuners.
If you have padding, it is probably because of the "Remove padding on back to back Favorites" described on p. 194 in the v6.5 PDF manual.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

The option "Remove padding on back to back Favorites on the same channel" is set to yes and it always has been since I started adding the 2 minute padding. The reason I know it worked at one point was when I was recording Sarah Conner Chronicals on Monday it conflicted with another show that started right after that on a different channel and the 2 minutes padding was the problem and I had to remove the padding from those shows. It does remove the padding after the shows now but its odd that it would want to change channels to record something on another channel when another recording is coming up on that same one. I wasnt sure if that had anything to do with my several minutes missing but I guess if everything is working ok I will ignore it. It just seems odd and I like things to work correctly.

If there isnt anything I can do then I thank you for the help you have given so far.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Administrator

If the padding isn't getting removed on back to back Favorites on the same channel, then try toggling the option off & back on. If you've changed any of them to be Manual Recordings, then the setting no longer applies because it is no longer a Fav.

Oh wait -- your description looks like the padding was removed so that they could all get recorded; it is just that the tuners are switching channels. I don't know if there is anything that says they need to stay on the same tuner after the padding gets removed.

- Andy
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

yea the padding was removed but both tuners have to change channels to the channel that the opposite one was just on. It just seems like theres more room for mistakes and its just not efficient but since its a computer and they dont make mistakes I guess I dont have to worry about that lol.

Seeing as though it has not missed a recording, just missed the first few minutes, I will not worry about that for now. I will continue to monitor it and see how it goes.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok I have figured out something with this on my machine. I caught it doing this a couple of time now. When my machine misses the first few minute I get an error saying there was a problem with the playback device... or something like that. Then the show starts recording 2 minutes late. Maybe I need to do weekly reboots to reset alot of the services in Vista.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
I have had similar happen over the last couple of months specifically when three digital recordings (I have three of the same tuners) start at the same time. Went through a bunch of dev builds of splitters as well. Anyhow, I know that they said they were working on some things in the beta to help it, and I think I saw some of it in the notes of the last update or two but I personally haven't tried to see if it helps due to lack of time. I do know the betas are quicker in trying a different tuner however if one is bad.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I finally figured out what the problem was. Since it started out of the blue without any updates or anything I thought it was rather odd so I tried to fix it but turns out there was no fix for my issue. Tuner #2 finally went out this week. Nothing but black. I removed tuner #2 from Sage and I havent had any shows screw up at all. Time to get a new tuner card.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
HVR-1600? Just wondering. As soon as I pulled them out of my system the problem went away.