SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

How to Assign "MyVideos" Key to custom menu?

I've edit the sagemc_menu.xml to customize my menus:

Quote:
<subMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" shortCutKey="Custom4" title="My Videos">
<menu title="Videos">
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="DVD Library">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\NAS\\HomeVideos")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Home Videos">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\NAS\\HomeVideos")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
<!-- -->
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_dvd.png" screen="Play DVD" title="Play DVD">
<evalExpression> </evalExpression>
<!-- -->
</menu>
</subMenuItem>
the menus work great.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to assign the "MyVideos" remote keystroke to this new "MyVideos" menu, or to define a new SageTV command that can be assigned to the remote keystroke. I've tried 'Custom 5' and others... none seem to work!

Please help...

* moved to SageMC forum *

Last edited by sflamm; 04-23-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Sorry to barge in but had a question since I was trying to do something a little similar. I noticed that aside from one being labled DVD Library and the other labeled Home Videos, the key difference between the two paragraphs in the code is the use of true versus false in this line of code, <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>

Why the true versus false difference, what does that do?

(I wondering if this was my problem in attemting something similar that did not work).

Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

The 'True' tells it what to include, and the 'False' tells it what to exclude. These are filters.

Any idea how to assign a custom keystroke or alter the built-in keystroke?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

I've assigned the shortcutkey 'Custom5' to the menu, and then mapped the keyboard command 'Alt+V' to Custom5 using the Setup->Detailed->Commands->Link Keystroke to Command

But when I press Alt+V nothing happens... help?!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

I've assigned it to Custom1, and turned off the RSS mapping, and now when I press Custom1 I get "MyTV"???!!!

Anyone know how to assign these Custom keys 1-5?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Solution:

Make sure you have the Global Shortcut Keys option enabled:

Settings >> Main >> Global UI Options >> Behavior >> Global Shortcut Keys

Then you can fully assign Custom1 - Custom 5 to whatever you wish (and you dont have turn the others off)